Dr. Edwards is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office12 Bruton Ave
Newport News, VA 23601Phone(757) 594-4111Fax(757) 594-4115
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Edwards is a family physician in Newport News, VA and is affiliated with Riverside Regional Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine and has been in practice 42 years. He specializes in geriatric medicine and is experienced in diabetes mellitus, lipid metabolism disorders, clinical research, and clinical research in diabetes and lipid disorders.
Education & Training
- Riverside Regional Medical CenterResidency, Family Medicine, 1978
- Riverside Regional Medical CenterInternship, Family Medicine, 1975 - 1976
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of MedicineClass of 1975
- Virginia Commonwealth UniversityMS, Physiology, 1970 - 1972
- Medical College of VirginiaMSc, 1970 - 1972
- Hampden-Sydney CollegeBS, 1964 - 1968
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1976 - 2020
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2013-2016
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2011
- Predicting Peripheral Arterial Disease in Men With Erectile Dysfunction Start of enrollment: 2005 Feb 01James T Edwards, Jr, MS, MD
Publications & Presentations
- Effects of Prolactin and Growth Hormone on Rat Adrenal 5-Alpha Reductase ActivityJames Travers Edwards, Jr., Endocrinology, 1/1/1975
- Riverside Regional Medical CenterNewport News, Virginia
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: