Dr. Guarrera is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office140 Bergen Street
Newark, NJ 07103Phone(973) 972-2000Fax(973) 972-6227
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Columbia University School of Public HealthFellowship, Transplant and HPB Surgery, 2004 - 2006
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell CampusResidency, General Surgery, 1998 - 2004
- Mount Sinai School of MedicineClass of 1998
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2007 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 1999 - 2022
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- ASTSTransplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- ASTS Rising Stars In Transplantation ASTS, 2016
- Alpha Omega Alpha Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1997
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- A2ALL-Patients Safety System Improvements in Living Donor Liver Transplantation Start of enrollment: 2010 Oct 01Trabucco, A.,Sherker, A.,Ladner, D.,Woods, D.,Woods, E.,Guarrera, J.V.,Davis, J.L.,Pisa, J.,Fischer, R.
- Hypothermic Machine Preservation of Extended Criteria Liver Allografts for Transplantation Start of enrollment: 2009 Apr 01Guarrera, J.V.,Musat, C.M.
- Phase 1 Study of Liver Machine Preservation With Vasosol Solution Start of enrollment: 2004 Jul 01Guarrera, J.V.
Publications & Presentations
- Bile formation in long-term (1 week), ex situ perfused livers: Analysis and commentary.Guergana G. Panayotova, Keri E Lunsford, James V. Guarrera> ;Surgery. 2021 Jun 1
- The Potential Role for N-Acetylcysteine in Improving Procurement and Preservation Strategies in Liver Transplantation - A Commentary.Guergana G. Panayotova, Keri E Lunsford, James V. Guarrera> ;Transplantation. 2020 Nov 13
- A Case Report of Alloimmune Hepatitis after Direct-acting Antiviral Treatment in a Liver Transplant Patient.Catherine Choi, Youssef Botros, Jamil Shah, Pei Xue, Anja Jones, Mark A. Galan, Raquel Olivo, Mumtaz Niazi, Flavio Paterno, James V. Guarrera, Nikolaos Pyrsopoulos> ;Journal of clinical and translational hepatology. 2020 Oct 10
- Join now to see all
- Dispelling Myths: Organ and Tissue DonationApril 19th, 2019
- 2017 American Transplant Congress: NewYork-Presbyterian’s World-Renowned Transplant Experts at Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University Medical Center Presenting and Available for CommentApril 28th, 2017
- University Hospital Liver Transplant Program Ranked Tops in Region AgainAugust 5th, 2021
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: