Are you Dr. Lewis?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 68 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2700 Rogers Dr
Birmingham, AL 35209Phone+1 205-226-5900Fax+1 205-591-0526
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Lewis III, MD is a nephrologist in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama and Indiana. He is affiliated with Brookwood Baptist Medical Center, St. Vincent's Birmingham, and Princeton Baptist Medical Center.
Education & Training
- University of Alabama Medical CenterFellowship, Nephrology, 1988 - 1992
- Indiana University School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1985 - 1988
- Indiana University School of MedicineClass of 1985
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1988 - 2023
- IN State Medical License 1986 - 1993
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Nephrology
Publications & Presentations
- 102 citationsRelationship between volume status and blood pressure during chronic hemodialysisJohn K. Leypoldt, Alfred K. Cheung, James A. Delmez, J. Gassman, Nathan W. Levin, Julia B. Lewis, James L. Lewis, Michael V. Rocco> ;Kidney International. 2002 Jan 1