Dr. O'Brien is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
2401 Gillham Rd.
Kansas City, MO 64108Phone(816) 234-3580
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaFellowship, Congenital Cardiac Surgery, 1999 - 2001
- Sidney Kimmel Medical CollegeFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 1996 - 1999
- Sidney Kimmel Medical CollegeResidency, General Surgery, 1989 - 1994
- University of ConnecticutClass of 1989
Certifications & Licensure
- KS State Medical License 2013 - 2022
- MO State Medical License 2001 - 2022
- NJ State Medical License 2000 - 2001
- PA State Medical License 1989 - 2002
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Congenital Cardiac Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
Publications & Presentations
- Shear stress associated with cardiopulmonary bypass induces expression of inflammatory cytokines and necroptosis in monocytesLan N. Tu, Lance Hsieh, Masaki Kajimoto, Kevin Charette, Nataliya Kibiryeva, Adriana Forero, Sarah E Hampson, Jennifer Marshall, James E. O'Brien, Marta Scatena, Micha...> ;JCI insight. 2021 Apr 21
- Identifying genetic factors that contribute to the increased risk of congenital heart defects in infants with Down syndromeCristina E. Trevino, Aaron M. Holleman, Holly Corbitt, Cheryl L. Maslen, Tracie C. Rosser, David J. Cutler, H. Richard Johnston, Benjamin L. Rambo-Martin, Jai Oberoi, ...> ;Scientific Reports. 2020 Oct 22
- Early Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Congenital Heart Surgery Programs Across the World: Assessment by a Global Multi-Societal Consortium.Eleftherios M Protopapas, Mauro Lo Rito, Vladimiro L. Vida, George E. Sarris, Christo I. Tchervenkov, Bohdan Maruszewski, Zdzislaw Tobota, Bistra Zheleva, Hao Zhang, J...> ;World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery. 2020 Aug 26
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: