Dr. Arts is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Spartanburg, SC 29307
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a board certified vascular surgeon, board certified in General Surgery, wound care certified and hyperbaric medicine. I have been board certified in vascular surgery since 2013 at my first sitting for the boards after leaving private solo practice and attending my vascular fellowship. My special interests include general peripheral vascular surgery, especially endovascular lower extremity revascularization. I have extensive experience in techniques both open and endovascular to increase limb salvage. I have been a general surgeon since 1998 and returned for a Vascular Surgery fellowship in 2010. I completed in 2012 at Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute in Charlotte NC. Prior to this I was in private solo practice in Miami Florida and the suburbs performing general and vascular surgical procedures.
I perform and have performed hundreds of vascular procedures from open aortic reconstruction to endovascular tibial revascularization and vascular access procedures for hemodialysis.
There is always more to say and I look forward to the opportunity to discuss available positions as they present.
Education & Training
- Carolinas Medical CenterFellowship, Vascular Surgery, 2010 - 2012
- Mount Sinai Medical Center of FloridaResidency, Surgery, 1993 - 1998
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoInternship, Transitional Year, 1992 - 1993
- Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and ScienceClass of 1992
- California State University at ChicoNo Degree, Biology, 1986 - 1989
- California State University at ChicoBA, Biology; & Chemistry, 1982 - 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1998 - 2025
- CA State Medical License 1999 - 2025
- SC State Medical License 2008 - 2023
- NC State Medical License 2010 - 2023
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Surgery Vascular Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Intern of the Year, Residency in General Surgery Mount Sinai Medical Center, 1993
- Dean's Award UHS/The Chicago Medical School, 1992
- Accepted into Biology Honors Research Program California State University at Chico, 1985
- Join now to see all
- Society of Vascular Surgery, Community Practice Committee 2015 - Present
- Spartanburg Medical Center - Mary BlackSpartanburg, South Carolina
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: