Dr. Akman is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeGW Medical Faculty Associates, Inc
2120 L Street NW Suite 600
Washington, DC 20037Phone+1 202-741-3434
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Jeffrey Akman is a professor of psychiatry and behavioral health at the George Washington University. He serves as the interim chair of the psychiatry department and the chief of the psychiatry service at the GW University Hospital. He received his medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine and has been in practice 36 years.
Education & Training
- George Washington UniversityResidency, Psychiatry, 1981 - 1985
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health SciencesClass of 1981
Certifications & Licensure
- DC State Medical License 1983 - 2024
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top MD Consumers Checkbook
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
Publications & Presentations
- 10 citations"Innovation" institutes in academic health centers: enhancing value through leadership, education, engagement, and scholarship.Jesse M. Pines, Steven A. Farmer, Jeffrey S. Akman> ;Academic Medicine. 2014 Sep 1
- Frederick K. GoodwinOctober 15th, 2020
- World Renowned Doctor, Chef, Teacher and Author Timothy S. Harlan to Join the GW School of Medicine and Health SciencesNovember 4th, 2019
- Sanjay B. Maggirwar, PhD, MBA, to Chair the GW Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Tropical MedicineJune 6th, 2019
- Join now to see all
- Distinguished Fellow
- George Washington University HospitalWashington, District of Columbia
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: