Dr. Biber is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1 Perkins Sq
Akron, OH 44308Phone+1 330-543-8639
- Is this information wrong?
- I'm board certified in Pediatrics and Peds Critical Care Medicine.
I've trained at The Ohio State University (MD 09), Marshall University (categorical peds 12), Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital (PCCM 15).
I currently work at Akron Children's Hospital in the PICU. I have research interests in procedural sedation, PICU sedation, and asthma.
Education & Training
- Case Western Reserve Univ/Univ Hosps Cleveland Med Ctr/Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalFellowship, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, 2012 - 2015
- Marshall University School of MedicineResidency, Pediatrics, 2009 - 2012
- Ohio State University College of MedicineClass of 2009
Certifications & Licensure
- WV State Medical License 2015 - 2018
- OH State Medical License 2012 - 2023
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- 28 citationsVEGF secretion is inhibited by interferon-alpha in several melanoma cell lines.Ene T. Raig, Natalie B. Jones, Kimberly A. Varker, Kristen Benniger, Michael R. Go, Jennifer L. Biber, Gregory B. Lesinski, William E. Carson> ;Journal of Interferon and Cytokine Research. 2008 Sep 1
- 104 citationsA randomized phase 2 trial of bevacizumab with or without daily low-dose interferon alfa-2b in metastatic malignant melanoma.Kimberly A. Varker, Jennifer E. Biber, Cheryl Kefauver, Rhonda Jensen, Amy Lehman, Donn C. Young, Haifeng Wu, Gregory B. Lesinski, Kari Kendra, Helen X. Chen, Michael ...> ;Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2007 May 30
- 17 citationsAdministration of two macrophage-derived interferon-γ-inducing factors (IL-12 and IL-15) induces a lethal systemic inflammatory response in mice that is dependent on n...Jennifer L. Biber, Saad Jabbour, Robin Parihar, Julie Dierksheide, Yan Hu, Heinz Baumann, Page Bouchard, Michael A. Caligiuri, William E. Carson> ;Cellular Immunology. 2002 Mar 1
- Stop Dealing with Microaggressions in PrivateJanuary 2023
- Society for Critical Care MedicineMember
- Society of Pediatric SedationMember
- Akron Children's HospitalAkron, Ohio
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: