Are you Dr. Ely?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 44 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office200 Hawkins Dr
Iowa City, IA 52242Phone+1 319-384-7222Fax+1 319-387-7822
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Ely, MD is a geriatrician in Iowa City, Iowa. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Iowa. He is affiliated with University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and is a Professor at University of Iowa College of Medicine.
Education & Training
- University of WashingtonResidency, Family Medicine, 1972 - 1975
- SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityClass of 1972
Certifications & Licensure
- IA State Medical License 1977 - 2019
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2013-2016
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2011-2013
- Diagnostic Time-Out: A Randomized Clinical Trial of a Checklist to Improve Diagnostic Accuracy Start of enrollment: 2010 Apr 01
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsEmpathy is a poor foundation on which to base legislative medical policy.Mark A. Graber, John W. Ely> ;Bioethics. 2018 Sep 1
- 1 citationsAre noninferiority studies ethically inferiorMark A. Graber, John W. Ely, Brett A. Faine> ;American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2018 Jun 15
- 1 citationsBlack Clouds vs Random Variation in Hospital Admissions.Luei Wern Ong, Jeffrey D. Dawson, John W. Ely> ;Family Medicine. 2018 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- Obstacles To Answering Physicians'Patient-Care QuestionNational Library Of Medicine2001–2003
- University of Iowa Hospitals and ClinicsIowa City, Iowa