Dr. Jane is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1215 Lee St
Charlottesville, VA 22908Phone(434) 924-2203
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Jane is a neurosurgeon in Charlottesville, VA and is affiliated with University of Virginia Medical Center. He received his medical degree from University of Virginia School of Medicine in 1996 and completed neurosurgery residency in 2003. During residency he spent one year in Auckland, New Zealand. After residency he completed a fellowship in pediatric neurosurgery at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto and subsequently returned to the University of Virginia in 2004 where he is the W. Gayle Crutchfield Professor of Neurosurgery. He is the director of pediatric neurosurgery, the director of pituitary surgery, the outpatient medical director of neurosurgery, the residency program director, and serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Neurosurgery.
Education & Training
- University of Toronto, Hospital for Sick ChildrenChief Fellow, 2003 - 2004
- University of VirginiaResidency, Neurological Surgery, 1997 - 2003
- University of Virginia School of MedicineClass of 1996
- University of ChicagoBA, 1987 - 1992
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1969 - 2018
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Inpatient - Core EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012
- Fellow (FAANS) American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- Compressive epidural collection as an unusual complication of FESS for a pediatric mycetomaStepan Capek, Delaney J. Carpenter, Jose L. Mattos, Dominic Maggio, John A. Jane, Hasan R. Syed> ;Childs Nervous System. 2021 Jan 1
- Evolution of Surgical Management of Sagittal Synostosis.Perry S Bradford, Mariam Ishaque, Ellen C Shaffrey, Christine V Schaeffer, John A. Jane, Hasan R. Syed, Jonathan S. Black> ;Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2021 Jan 1
- Neurocysticercosis Presenting as an Isolated Suprasellar Lesion.M. Harrison Snyder, Alexandria C. Marino, Matthew J. Shepard, Peggy Amoakohene, Debra Berry, Sugoto Mukherjee, Jose L. Mattos, John A. Jane> ;World Neurosurgery. 2020 Sep 1
- Join now to see all
- Robert Louis, MD, a Neurosurgeon with Pickup Family Neurosciences Institute – Hoag HospitalSeptember 12th, 2019
- University of Virginia Medical CenterCharlottesville, Virginia
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: