Are you Dr. Markis?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 56 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office319 Longwood Ave
Boston, MA 02115Phone+1 617-667-5789
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Markis, MD is a cardiologist in Boston, Massachusetts. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Massachusetts, Maryland, and Ohio. He is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Brigham and Women's HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 1972 - 1974
- Boston University Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1966 - 1968
- Ohio State University College of MedicineClass of 1966
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 1970 - 1989
- MA State Medical License 1968 - 2021
- OH State Medical License 1966 - 1976
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification eClinicalWorks EHR, eClinicalWorks LLC, 2012-2013
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
- Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction (TIMI) Start of enrollment: 1983 Apr 01
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsDecreased inotropic but relatively preserved relaxation response to cyclic adenosine monophosphate-dependent agents in myopathic human myocardium.David E. Gutstein, Kristen Flemmal, Erika Bruce, Kerry E. Travers, Judith K. Gwathmey, Bernard J. Ransil, John E. Markis, William Grossman, James P. Morgan> ;Journal of Cardiac Failure. 1996 Dec 1
- 380 citationsHemorrhagic events during therapy with recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator, heparin, and aspirin for acute myocardial infarction. Results of the Thrombolysis...Edwin G. Bovill, Michael L. Terrin, David C. Stump, Andrew D. Berke, Margaret Frederick, Desire Collen, Frederick Feit, Joel M. Gore, L. David Hillis, Costas T. Lambre...> ;Annals of Internal Medicine. 1991 Aug 15
- 5 citationsTissue plasminogen activator and acute pulmonary embolism.Samuel Z. Goldhaber, Craig M. Kessler, John A. Heit, John E. Markis, Gaurav Sharma, Douglas L. Dawley, Michael F. Meyerovitz, Douglas E. Vaughan, J. Anthony Parker, Pa...> ;Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 1988 Dec 1
- Join now to see all
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterBoston, Massachusetts