Are you Dr. Zinkel?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 39 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office21605 E 11 Mile Rd
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081Phone+1 586-774-4600Fax+1 586-774-4603
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Zinkel, MD is a neurosurgeon in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Michigan and Ohio. He is affiliated with Ascension St. John Hospital, Beaumont Hospital - Grosse Pointe, and DMC Harper University Hospital.
Education & Training
- Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State UniversityResidency, Neurological Surgery, 1986 - 1992
- SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityInternship, Transitional Year, 1984 - 1985
- University of Cincinnati College of MedicineClass of 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 1985 - 2025
- OH State Medical License 1984 - 2021
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAANS) American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- Rat forebrain perfusion in vivo by 1 artery like the isolated kidney model: a robust recovery model permitting ischemia without anesthesia to compare multiple brain in...John L. Zinkel> ;Neurosurgery. 2013 Apr 1
- 4 citationsPostischemic reperfusion: ultrastructural blood-brain barrier and hemodynamic correlative changes in an awake model of transient forebrain ischemia.John L. Zinkel> ;Neurosurgery. 2006 Nov 1
- 61 citationsIschemic injury to rat forebrain mitochondria and cellular calcium homeostasisMichele A. Sciamanna, John Zinkel, Alain Y. Fabi, C. P. Lee> ;Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 1992 Apr 7
- Join now to see all