Dr. Hartwich is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
See Dr. Hartwich's full profile
Office8260 Willow Oaks Dr
Fairfax, VA 22031Phone+1 703-560-2236Fax+1 571-665-6834
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Joseph Hartwich is a general surgeon in Fairfax, VA and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Fairfax Hospital, and Inova Loudoun Hospital. He received his medical degree from University of Florida College of Medicine and has been in practice 11 years. He specializes in pediatric general surgery and minimally invasive surgery and is experienced in fetal surgery, pediatric general surgery, pediatric surgical oncology, pediatric colorectal surgery, and pediatric trauma and critical care.
Education & Training
- Brown UniversityFellowship, Pediatric Surgery, 2013 - 2015
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health SystemResidency, Surgery, 2006 - 2013
- University of Florida College of MedicineClass of 2006
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 2015 - 2024
- RI State Medical License 2013 - 2016
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Surgery Pediatric Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 70 citationsNonoperative treatment of acute appendicitis in children: A feasibility study ☆ ☆☆Joseph E. Hartwich, Francois I. Luks, Debra Watson-Smith, Arlet G. Kurkchubasche, Christopher S. Muratore, Hale Wills, Thomas F. Tracy> ;Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2016 Jan 1
- 11 citationsUtility of admission serum lactate in pediatric traumaRajesh Ramanathan, Dan Parrish, Joseph E. Hartwich, Jeffrey H. Haynes> ;Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2015 Apr 1
- 39 citationsHIF-1α activation mediates resistance to anti-angiogenic therapy in neuroblastoma xenograftsJoseph E. Hartwich, W. Shannon Orr, Catherine Y.C. Ng, Yunyu Spence, Christopher L. Morton, Andrew M. Davidoff> ;Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2013 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- Inova Fairfax HospitalFalls Church, Virginia
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: