Dr. Nelson is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1802 Braeburn Dr
Salem, VA 24153Phone+1 540-772-5970Fax+1 540-725-5006
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Wake Forest University School of MedicineFellowship, Gastroenterology, 1981 - 1983
- Carilion Clinic-Virginia Tech Carilion School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1978 - 1981
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of MedicineClass of 1978
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1979 - 2024
- American Board of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification eClinicalWorks EHR, eClinicalWorks LLC, 2011
Publications & Presentations
- 399 citationsEsophageal manometry in 95 healthy adult volunteers. Variability of pressures with age and frequency of "abnormal" contractions.Joel E. Richter, Wallace C. Wu, D. N. Johns, John N. Blackwell, Joseph L. Nelson, June A. Castell, Donald O. Castell> ;Digestive Diseases and Sciences. 1987 Jun 1
- Lewis-Gale Medical CenterBoones Mill, Virginia
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: