Are you Dr. Cahan?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 8 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1500 Forest Glen Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20910Phone(301) 754-7237Fax(301) 754-7154
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Jules Cahan, MD is a general surgeon in Silver Spring, Maryland. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Maryland.
Education & Training
- Saint Elizabeths Hospital-DC Department of Behavioral HealthResidency, Surgery, 1959 - 1960
- George Washington University School of MedicineResidency, Surgery, 1958 - 1959
- VA Medical Center Residency, Surgery, 1957 - 1958
- District of Columbia General HospitalResidency, Surgery, 1954 - 1955
- George Washington University School of MedicineInternship, Transitional Year, 1953 - 1954
- George Washington University School of MedicineClass of 1953
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 1969 - 2012
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 23 citationsSuccessful devascularization of carotid body tumors by covered stent placement in the external carotid arteryJames M. Scanlon, Jacob J. Lustgarten, Stewart B. Karr, Jules I. Cahan> ;Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2008 Nov 1
- Continuing medical education. An effective tool or a faulty fantasy?Cahan, J. I.> ;Md Med. 2001
- Continuing medical education at Suburban Hospital: past, present, and future.Libre, E. P., Cahan, J. I.> ;Md Med J. 1994 Sep