Kathy Albain, MD
Professor of Medical Oncology, Loyola University-Stritch School of Medicine
- 2160 S First Ave
Maywood, IL 60153
Phone: (708) 216-9000
Fax: (708) 216-9033
Dr. Albain's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Hematology: General Hematology
Dr. Albain's Education & Medical Training
- University of ChicagoFellowship, Hematology/Oncology
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoResidency, Internal Medicine
- University of Michigan Medical SchoolMedical School
Dr. Albain's Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical LicenseActive through 2014
- American Board of Internal MedicineInternal Medicine
- American Board of Internal MedicineMedical Oncology
Dr. Albain's Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top MDConsumers Checkbook
- Super DoctorSuperDoctors.com
Dr. Albain's Clinical Trials
- A Phase III Randomized, Multicenter Non-Inferiority Trial Evaluating the Efficacy of Oral Ibandronate Versus Intravenous Zoledronate in the Reduction of Skeletal-Related Events in Patients With Metastatic Breast CancerStart of enrollment: 2006 May 01
Albain, K.S.,Hershman, D.,Rivkin, S.E.
- Phase II Trial Of Imatinib Mesylate (Gleevec®) (NSC-716051) In Combination With Capecitabine (Xeloda®) (NSC-712807) In Metastatic Breast CancerStart of enrollment: 2004 Jun 01
Albain, K.S.,Chew, H.K.
- Phase III Trial of LHRH Analog Administration During Chemotherapy to Reduce Ovarian Failure Following Chemotherapy in Early Stage, Hormone-Receptor Negative Breast CancerStart of enrollment: 2003 Oct 01
Albain, K.S.,Goldstein, L.J.,Martino, S.,Moore, H.C.,Partridge, A.H.,Phillips, K.
- PHASE III COMPARISON OF ADJUVANT CHEMOENDOCRINE THERAPY WITH CAF AND CONCURRENT OR DELAYED TAMOXIFEN TO TAMOXIFEN ALONE IN POSTMENOPAUSAL PATIENTS WITH INVOLVED AXILLARY LYMPH NODES AND POSITIVE RECEPTORS INTERGROUP (SWOG, ECOG, CALGB, NCCTG, NCIC)Start of enrollment: 1989 May 01
Albain, K.S.,Cobau, C.D.,Ingle, J.N.,Levine, E.G.,Pritchard, K.I.
Dr. Albain's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- Supportive care after curative treatment for breast cancer (survivorship care): Resource allocations in low- and middle-income countries. A Breast Health Global Initiative 2013 consensus statement. Ganz, P. A.,Yip, C. H.,Gralow, J. R.,Distelhorst, S. R.,Albain, K. S.,Andersen, B. L.,Bevilacqua, J. L.,de Azambuja, E.,El Saghir, N. S.,Kaur, R.,McTiernan, A.,Partridge, ...; Breast. 2013 Oct.
- Higher capecitabine AUC in elderly patients with advanced colorectal cancer (SWOGS0030). Louie, S. G.,Ely, B.,Lenz, H. J.,Albain, K. S.,Gotay, C.,Coleman, D.,Raghavan, D.,Shields, A. F.,Gold, P. J.,Blanke, C. D.; Br. J. Cancer. 2013 Oct 1.
- Germline genetic variants in ABCB1, ABCC1 and ALDH1A1, and risk of hematological and gastrointestinal toxicities in a SWOG Phase III trial S0221 for breast cancer. Yao, S.,Sucheston, L. E.,Zhao, H.,Barlow, W. E.,Zirpoli, G.,Liu, S.,Moore, H. C.,Thomas Budd, G.,Hershman, D. L.,Davis, W.,Ciupak, G. L.,Stewart, J. A.,Isaacs, C.,Hobday, ...; Pharmacogenomics J.. 2013 Sep 3.
Register to See Citations and 51 More...
Dr. Albain's Professional Memberships
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO/POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Illinois BlueChoice Select
- BCBS Illinois PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access
- CIGNA PPO
- Great West PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PHCS PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
- United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
- Dr. Kathy Albain, Dr. Kathy Albain, MD, Dr. K Albain, Dr. Kathy Sue Albain
- 36 Colleague Invites!
- Is this you? If so, register to see 36 messages.
Physicians, view Dr. Albain's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Hematology, IL)
- Samuel Ofori-Ntow, MD
- James Hannigan, MD
- Harry Messmore Jr., MD
- Ronald Shade, MD
- John Migas, MD
- Thomas Lad, MD
- William Broderick, MD
- Robert Stein, MD
- Claudia Tellez, MD
- Todd Kolb, MD