Dr. Deming is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1260 N Interstate Ave
Portland, OR 97227Phone(503) 280-2931Fax(503) 280-2938
- Is this information wrong?
- Board Certified Radiation Oncologist interested in transforming the cancer care experience through collaboration, patient engagement and innovation.
Designed and launched a Cancer Service Line for Kaiser Permanente’s NW Region in order to create a seamless care experience for patients throughout their cancer journey, improve collaboration between specialties and align with Kaiser Permanente’s national cancer goals.
Created the first Cancer-Specific Patient Advisory Council within Kaiser Permanente nationally.
Clinical Expert in Co-Design of Cancer Care. Co-design is the collaborative process of involving patients in every stage of care design and evaluation
Served as Chief of Medical Oncology and Hematology for Kaiser Permanente NW to transform a physician group with extremely low patient satisfaction scores and disengaged providers. Within one year as interim chief, the department was re-designed into specialized care teams, physician engagement improved dramatically and the department was recognized for having the largest improvement in Press Ganey scores for the entire NW Region (8th percentile to 30th percentile in 6 mos).
Entrepreneur and physician inventor creating products that fill unmet needs for patients with cancer
Founder of MAKEMERRY. The only line of bras designed for women with sensitives skin from radiation therapy.
Education & Training
- Duke University HospitalResidency, Radiation Oncology, 2002 - 2006
- Duke University HospitalInternship, Internal Medicine, 2001 - 2002
- Duke University School of MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- WA State Medical License 2006 - 2023
- OR State Medical License 2006 - 2021
- NC State Medical License 2001 - 2007
- American Board of Radiology Radiation Oncology
Publications & Presentations
- When Cancer Centers Mislead Prospective PatientsLeonard L. Berry, Timothy L. Keiningham, Lerzan Aksoy, Katie A. Deming> ;JCO oncology practice. 2020 Mar 27
- 1 citationsUsing Evidence to Design Cancer Care Facilities.Leonard L. Berry, Jonathan T. Crane, Katie A. Deming, Paul Barach> ;American Journal of Medical Quality. 2020 Jan 15
- 5 citationsIs it time to reconsider the term “cancer survivor”?Leonard L. Berry, Scott W. Davis, Andrea Godfrey Flynn, Jeffrey Landercasper, Katie A. Deming> ;Journal of Psychosocial Oncology. 2019 Jan 7
- Join now to see all
- When Cancer Centers Mislead Prospective PatientsLeonard L. Berry, PhD, MBA; Timothy Keiningham, PhD; Lerzan Aksoy, PhD; and Katie A. Deming, MD, JCO Oncology Practice, 5/19/2020
- Improving Nonclinical and Clinical-Support Services: Lessons From OncologyLeonard L. Berry PhD, MBA, Katie A. Deming MD, Tracey S. Danaher PhD, Mayo Clinic Proceedings: Innovations, Quality & Outcomes, 9/1/2018
- People Diagnosed with Cancer Often Don’t Embrace the Term ‘Survivor’February 5th, 2019
- The Best Breast Cancer Awareness Gift Guide from A Breast Cancer SurvivorOctober 16th, 2018
- A Radiation Oncologist Solves a Fashion Flaw for PatientsJuly 2nd, 2018
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: