Dr. Herskowitz is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1625 SE 3rd AVe
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Phone+1 954-355-4665Fax+1 954-355-4881
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Kenny Herskowitz is a board certified cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon practicing medicine since 1986. Currently, he is the Chief of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery at Broward Health Medical Center.
Recently Dr. Herskowitz has spearheaded the opening of the new Broward Health Heart Valve Center, a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of structural and valvular heart disease. This Valve Center, along with the opening of the new state of the art Hybrid Operationg Suite, will allow cardiovascular surgeons and interventional cardiologists to work together to perform procedures in a large operation room specifically designed for advanced procedures.
The Hybrid Operating Suite will allow us to perform newer procedures such as transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR/TAVI), Minimally invasive valve surgery, balloon valvuloplasty, asd/pfo closure, and complex endovascular stenting for abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms. Benefits of the Hybrid Suite may include fewer surgeries, shortened hospital stays, faster recovery times and better outcomes.
He has hospital privileges at Broward General Medical Center and Holy Cross Hospital. Prior to entering private practice in 1997, Dr. Herskowitz was assistant professor of surgery at the University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital and the Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Veteran's Administration Hospital.
Dr. Herskowitz has performed more than 7,000 cardiovascular surgical procedures and is a leading expert in the field of minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve surgery, as well as beating heart surgery. He is the principal investigator on numerous research projects and has lectured and published extensively on heart and lung surgery.
His other areas of expertise include endovascular stent grafting for abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms, peripheral vascular surgery, and arrhythmia surgery.
He completed a bachelor's degree in biology suma cum laude at Tulane University in Ne
Education & Training
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 1992 - 1994
- Baylor College of MedicineResidency, Surgery, 1986 - 1989
- Baylor College of MedicineClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1992 - 2025
- TX State Medical License 1988 - 1995
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Gulfstream FL-Broward Castle Connolly, 2008-2020
- Top Doctors:South Florida Castle Connolly, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 5 citationsBest Practices of Aortic Valve Replacement With the Edwards Intuity Elite Valve.S. Chris Malaisrie, Mubashir A. Mumtaz, Paul L. DiGiorgi, Jonathan D. Hoffberger, Frank N. Slachman, Gary Grosner, Kenneth Herskowitz, Romualdo J. Segurola, Kevin D. A...> ;The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2020 Apr 1
- 1 citationsDoes valve design impact the maximum implantable bioprosthetic diameter? A prospective, multicenter observational study.Irving B David, Frank Catinella, Kenneth Herskowitz> ;The Journal of Heart Valve Disease. 2007 Nov 1
- 26 citationsSurgical treatment for cardiac rhabdomyomas in childrenJeffrey P. Jacobs, Anastasios K. Konstantakos, Fred W. Holland, Kenneth Herskowitz, Peter L. Ferrer, Richard A. Perryman> ;The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 1994 Nov 1
- Join now to see all
- As You Age, so Do the Valves Around Your Heart. New Treatments Are Much Less InvasiveFebruary 22nd, 2019
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: