Dr. Van Passel is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2881 Hyde Park St
Sarasota, FL 34239Phone(941) 906-7155Fax(941) 330-2905
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Leonie Van Passel is a neurologist in Sarasota, FL and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Doctors Hospital and Sarasota Memorial Health Care System. She received her medical degree from Utrecht University Faculty of Medicine and has been in practice 19 years. She specializes in neurophysiology and sleep medicine and is experienced in general neurology, sleep medicine, electromyography, and clinical neurophysiology.
Education & Training
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell CampusFellowship, Clinical Neurophysiology, 2004 - 2005
- Georgetown University HospitalResidency, Neurology, 2000 - 2003
- Harbor Hospital CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 1999 - 2000
- Utrecht University Faculty of MedicineClass of 1998
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2005 - 2022
- NY State Medical License 2004 - 2006
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Sleep Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Acumen nEHR, Health IT Services Group, 2012-2013
Publications & Presentations
- 13 citationsTopiramate for the treatment of epilepsy and other nervous system disorders.Leonie van Passel, Hiba Arif, Lawrence J. Hirsch> ;Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. 2006 Jan 1
- Effect of stress related to the 9/11/2001 terror attack on seizures in patients with epilepsy.Klein, P., van Passel, L.> ;Neurology. 2005 May 24
- Mayo and NINDS scales for assessment of tendon reflexes: between observer agreement and implications for communication.Manschot, S., van Passel, L., Buskens, E., Algra, A., van Gijn, J.> ;J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatr. 1998 Feb
- Sarasota Memorial Health Care SystemSarasota, Florida
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: