Dr. Lane is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office611 Northern Boulevard
Great Neck, NY 11021Phone+1 516-723-2663Fax+1 516-325-7192
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Lewis B. Lane is an orthopedic surgeon in Great Neck, NY and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons and has been in practice 40 years. He specializes in hand surgery and is experienced in sports medicine as related to hand surgery.
He is Chief of Hand Surgery and the Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program Director for Northwell at NSUH and LIJMC.
For Zucker SOM at Hofstra Northwell he is serving a two year term as President of the Faculty Council and also Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery.
He is an Associate Editor of the J. of Hand Surgery, first appointed in 1991.
Education & Training
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/WestFellowship, Hand Surgery (Orthopaedic Surgery), 1979 - 1980
- Hospital for Special Surgery/Cornell Medical CenterResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1975 - 1979
- Hospital for Special Surgery/Cornell Medical CenterInternship, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1974 - 1975
- Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and SurgeonsClass of 1974
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 1975 - 2024
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Surgery of the Hand
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2004-2019
- Newsday - Top Doctors on Long Island Castle Connolly, 2008, 2010-2019
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Effects of Premixing Betamethasone and Lidocaine on Chondrocyte Inflammation in anModel.Michael J Sayegh, Camille Pinpin, Christopher G Larsen, Eric V Neufeld, Jessica M Intravia, Kate W Nellans, Lewis B Lane, Daniel Grande> ;Hand (New York, N.Y.). 2022 Feb 22
- The Effects of Autologous Fat Transfer in an In Vitro Model of Basal Joint Osteoarthritis.Christopher G Larsen, Benjamin C Schaffler, Eric V Neufeld, Brandon Alba, Travis A Doering, Yen H Chen, Armen K Kasabian, Kate W Nellans, Lewis B Lane, Daniel A Grande> ;The Journal of hand surgery. 2021 Dec 30
- Management of de Quervain Tenosynovitis: A Critical Analysis Review.Christopher G Larsen, Michael J Fitzgerald, Kate Nellans, Lewis B. Lane> ;Jbjs reviews. 2021 Sep 10
- Join now to see all
- Program Task Force/Member, American Orthopaedic Association 2018 - Present
- Associate Editor, Journal Hand Surgery (American) 1991 - Present
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: