Dr. Tafra is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2000 Medical Pkwy
The Rebecca Fortney Breast Center
Annapolis, MD 21401Phone(443) 481-5312Fax(443) 481-6705
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson UniversityResidency, General Surgery, 1990 - 1992
- Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital-LifespanResidency, General Surgery, 1986 - 1990
- Case Western Reserve University School of MedicineClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 1999 - 2023
- NC State Medical License 1995 - 1999
- CA State Medical License 1992 - Present
- PA State Medical License 1990 - 1996
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2009-2014
- America's Top Doctors for Cancer Castle Connolly, 2006-2013
- Top Doctors:Baltimore Area Castle Connolly, 2012
- Join now to see all
- Breast Cancer Tumor Heterogeneity Start of enrollment: 2014 Apr 01
- Computed Optical Margin Assessment for Breast Cancer Surgery, Phase I (Part A) Start of enrollment: 2012 Dec 01Lisa K Jacobs, M.D.
- MarginProbe, a Device for Intraoperative Assessment of Margin Status in Breast Conservation Surgery Start of enrollment: 2008 Oct 01Alice Police, MD;Alison Estabrook, MD;Dennis R. Holmes, MD;Freya Schnabel, MD;Jay Harness, MD;Karen Lane, MD;Kristen L. Fernandez, MD;Lisa E. Guerra, MD;Lorraine Tafra, MD;Mark A. Gittelman, MD;Moshe Carm...
- Cryoablation Therapy in Treating Patients With Invasive Ductal Breast Cancer Start of enrollment: 2008 Sep 01Rache M. Simmons, MD
- Study the Role of Positron Emission Mammography in Pre-surgical Planning for Breast Cancer Start of enrollment: 2006 Sep 01Etta Pisano, MD, FACR;Kathy Schilling, MD;Linda Hovanessian Larsen, MD;Lorraine Tafra, MD;Marie Tartar, MD;Wendie A Berg, MD, Ph.D
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsA Three-Dimensional Bioabsorbable Tissue Marker for Volume Replacement and Radiation Planning: A Multicenter Study of Surgical and Patient-Reported Outcomes for 818 Pa...Cary S. Kaufman, Michael J. Cross, Julie L. Barone, Nayana Dekhne, Kiran Devisetty, Joshua T. Dilworth, David Edmonson, Firas G. Eladoumikdachi, Jennifer Gass, William...> ;Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2021 May 1
- 5 citationsUltrasound-Based Nomogram Identifies Breast Cancer Patients Unlikely to Harbor Axillary Metastasis: Towards Selective Omission of Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy.Hanh Tam Tran, Daina Pack, Charles Mylander, Laura Martino, Martin Rosman, Lorraine Tafra, Rubie Sue Jackson> ;Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2020 Feb 5
- 12 citationsTreatment delays from transfers of care and their impact on breast cancer quality measuresRichard J. Bleicher, Cecilia Chang, Chihsiung E. Wang, Lori J. Goldstein, Cary S. Kaufmann, Meena S. Moran, Karen A. Pollitt, Nicholas R. Suss, David P. Winchester, Lo...> ;Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 2019 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
- ASBRS Great Debate: Sentinel Node Biopsy in Patients over 70 Years of AgeSarah L Blair, Catherine Tsai, Lorraine Tafra, Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Uses New Approach to Treating Breast CancerOctober 6th, 2016
- Anne Arundel Medical CenterAnnapolis, Maryland
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: