Dr. Horwitz is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3601 Fifth Avenue
Falk Clinic, Suite 3B
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Phone(412) 586-9700
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of Pittsburgh Medical CenterFellowship, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, 1990 - 1993
- University of Pittsburgh Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1987 - 1990
- Columbia University College of Physicians & SurgeonsClass of 1987
Certifications & Licensure
- MN State Medical License 1996 - 1998
- PA State Medical License 1989 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2011
- Bone Density and Calcitropic Hormones During Lactation in African-American and Caucasian Women Start of enrollment: 2012 Aug 01Stewart, A.F.,Horwitz, M.J.
- Comparison of Skeletal and Mineral Metabolism Responses in Healthy African-Americans and Caucasians Using a Continuous Seven-Day Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) or Parathyroid Hormone-related Protein (PTHrP) Infusion Start of enrollment: 2012 Jan 01Horwitz, M.J.,Tedesco, M.B.
- Comparison of 3 Month PTHrP(1-36) and PTH(1-34) on Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis Start of enrollment: 2009 May 01Horwitz, M.J.
- A Prospective Cohort Pilot Study of Bone Metabolism in Lactating and Non-lactating Postpartum African-American Women and Healthy Non-pregnant African-American Women Start of enrollment: 2009 Jan 01Horwitz, M.J.
- Determining the Maximal Safe Dose of a Continuous Infusion of Parathyroid Hormone-related Protein(1-36): Effects on Bone Formation Start of enrollment: 2008 Jan 01Horwitz, M.J.
- A Prospective Cohort Pilot Study of Bone Metabolism in Lactating and Non-Lactating Postpartum Women and Healthy Non-Pregnant Women Start of enrollment: 2007 Jan 01Horwitz, M.J.
- Determining the Maximal Safe Dose of a Continuous Infusion of Parathyroid Hormone(1-34): Effects on Bone Formation Start of enrollment: 2006 Sep 01Horwitz, M.J.
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 33 citationsA comparison of parathyroid hormone‐related protein (1‐36) and parathyroid hormone (1‐34) on markers of bone turnover and bone density in postmenopausal women: The PrO...Mara J. Horwitz, Marilyn Augustine, Leila Kahn, Emily Martin, Christine C Oakley, Raquel M. Carneiro, Mary Beth Tedesco, Angela Laslavic, Susan M. Sereika, Alessandro ...> ;Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 2013 Nov 1
- 43 citationsParathyroid hormone and parathyroid hormone-related protein analogs as therapies for osteoporosis.Marilyn Augustine, Mara J. Horwitz> ;Current Osteoporosis Reports. 2013 Sep 28
- 6 citationsEvaluation of Markers of Bone Turnover During Lactation in African-Americans: A Comparison With Caucasian LactationRaquel M. Carneiro, Linda Prebehalla, Mary Beth Tedesco, Susan M. Sereika, Caren M. Gundberg, Andrew F. Stewart, Mara J. Horwitz> ;The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2013 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
- Hypercalcemia of malignancyHorwitz MJ
UpToDate, Wolters Kluwer Health - 2012-06-27
- A Comparison Of Pharmacokinetics Hpthrp - Hpth (1-34) Foll Subcut InjNational Center For Research Resources2005
- Determining MAX Dose Of Single Subcut Inj Hpthrp(1-36)National Center For Research Resources2004–2005
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: