Are you Dr. James?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 44 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office971 Lakeland Dr
Jackson, MS 39216Phone+1 601-362-4467Fax+1 601-362-0239
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Maurice James, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist in Jackson, Mississippi. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Mississippi and Tennessee. He is affiliated with St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Education & Training
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia Campus)Residency, Ophthalmology, 1976 - 1979
- Harlem Hospital CenterInternship, Internal Medicine, 1975 - 1976
- Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and SurgeonsClass of 1975
Certifications & Licensure
- MS State Medical License 1980 - 2024
- TN State Medical License 1979 - 1988
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification RcopiaMU EHR, DrFirst.com, Inc., 2013
- Fellow (FAAO) American Academy of Ophthalmology
Publications & Presentations
- 11 citationsAssociation of serum lipid levels with retinal hard exudate area in African Americans with type 2 diabetes.Evangelia Papavasileiou, Samaneh Davoudi, Ramak Roohipoor, Heeyoon Cho, Shreyas Kudrimoti, Heather Hancock, James G. Wilson, Christopher M. Andreoli, Deeba Husain, Mau...> ;Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology = Albrecht Von Graefes Archiv Fur Klinische Und Experimentelle Ophthalmologie. 2017 Mar 1
- 27 citationsRisk Factors for Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy in African Americans with Type 2 Diabetes.Alan D. Penman, Heather Hancock, Evangelia Papavasileiou, Maurice James, Omolola Idowu, Daniel M. Riche, Marlene Fernandez, Stacey C. Brauner, Sataria O. Smith, Suzann...> ;Ophthalmic Epidemiology. 2016 Mar 7
- 6 citationsAfrican Ancestry Analysis and Admixture Genetic Mapping for Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy in African Americans.Arti Tandon, Ching J. Chen, Alan D. Penman, Heather Hancock, Maurice James, Deeba Husain, Christopher M. Andreoli, Xiaohui Li, Jane Z. Kuo, Omolola Idowu, Daniel M. Ri...> ;Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science. 2015 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalJackson, Mississippi