Are you Dr. Anderson?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 60 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1181 Langford Dr Bldg 300-101
Watkinsville, GA 30677Phone(706) 227-8999Fax(706) 227-8999
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Melissa Anderson, MD is an obstetrician/gynecologist in Watkinsville, Georgia. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Georgia, North Carolina, and Maryland. She is affiliated with St. Mary's Health Care System.
Education & Training
- Baylor College of MedicineResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997 - 2001
- Medical College of GeorgiaClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 2013 - 2014
- MD State Medical License 2006 - 2014
- GA State Medical License 2001 - 2023
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Obstetrics & Gynecology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACOG) American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Publications & Presentations
- 60 citationsProduction of Nε-(Carboxymethyl)Lysine Is Impaired in Mice Deficient in NADPH Oxidase A Role for Phagocyte-Derived Oxidants in the Formation of Advanced Glycation End ...Melissa M. Anderson, Jay W. Heinecke> ;Diabetes. 2003 Aug 1
- 232 citationsIncreased atherosclerosis in myeloperoxidase-deficient miceMarie Luise Brennan, Melissa M. Anderson, Diana M. Shih, Xiao-Dan Qu, Xuping Wang, Asha C. Mehta, Lesley L. Lim, Weibin Shi, Stanley L. Hazen, Jason S. Jacob, Jan R. C...> ;Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2001 Feb 15
- 122 citationsMolecular basis of human mitochondrial very-long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency causing cardiomyopathy and sudden death in childhood.Arnold W. Strauss, Cynthia K. Powell, Daniel E. Hale, Melissa M. Anderson, Ajay Ahuja, Jeffrey C. Brackett, Harold F. Sims> ;Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 1995 Nov 7
- St. Mary's Health Care SystemAthens, Georgia