Dr. Huang is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office411 East Chestnut Street,
Louisville, KY 40202Phone+1 502-588-3600Fax+1 502-588-9536
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Michael Angelo Huang joined the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/Stem Cell Transplantation at University of Louisville in July 2014. Dr. Haung has completed fellowship training in both General Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/Stem Cell Transplantation as well as Pediatric Neuro-Oncology at Penn State University in Hershey, PA in 2012 and 2013, respectively. Since joining the faculty of the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/Stem Cell Transplantation at University of Louisville, Dr. Haung has played an integral role in both our Neuro-Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation programs. Since July 2016, he has served as the Co-Director for the Norton Children’s Cancer Institute Neuro-Oncology Program.
Dr. Huang is the very first grant funding recipient of Kentucky’s Pediatric Cancer Research Trust Fund, a countrywide first-of-its-kind legislation passed in 2015 to support pediatric cancer research and treatment, with an annual allotted budget of $5 million. He has initiated early phase clinical trials for relapsed medulloblastoma, the most common malignant childhood brain tumor, and for prevention of graft vs. host disease (GVHD), a significant cause of medical problems and death following an allogeneic stem cell transplantation.
Education & Training
- Ohio State UniversityMS, Translational Pharmacology, 2021
- Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical CenterFellowship, Pediatric Neuro-Oncology, 2012 - 2013
- Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical CenterFellowship, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2009 - 2012
- Albert Einstein Healthcare NetworkResidency, Pediatrics, 2007 - 2009
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel HospitalInternship, Pediatrics, 2006 - 2007
- University of the Philippines College of MedicineClass of 2004
Certifications & Licensure
- KY State Medical License 2014 - 2023
- OH State Medical License 2013 - 2014
- PA State Medical License 2009 - 2014
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- DFMO as Maintenance Therapy for Molecular High/Very High Risk and Relapsed Medulloblastoma Start of enrollment: 2021 Mar 29
Publications & Presentations
- Current Salvage Treatment Strategies for Younger Children (<10 y of Age) With Progressive Low-grade Glioma After Initial Chemotherapy in North America: A Web-based Sur...Blakeley Moorman, Mustafa Barbour, Michael A Huang> ;Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology. 2021 Jan 1
- 8 citationsChimeric antigen receptor T‐cell therapy in patients with neurologic comorbiditiesJeremy D. Rubinstein, Adam S. Nelson, Christa Krupski, William J. O'Brien, J. Michael Taylor, Tom C. Badgett, Michael Huang, Stella M. Davies, Christine L Phillips> ;Pediatric Blood & Cancer. 2020 Feb 4
- 5 citationsNeoadjuvant chemotherapy for atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumors: case reportMeena Thatikunta, Ian Mutchnick, Jennifer D. Elster, Matthew Thompson, Michael A Huang, Aaron C. Spalding, Thomas Moriarty> ;Journal of Neurosurgery. 2017 Mar 10
- Join now to see all
- Vitamin B12 malabsorption and pseudo-thrombotic microangiopathy in an adolescentSimone M Chang, Mercia Gondim, Michael Huang, Thrombosis Update, 3/19/2021
- Norton Children's HospitalLouisville, Kentucky
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: