Dr. Seidman is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office410 Celebration Pl Ste 305
Celebration, FL 34747Phone(407) 303-4120Fax(407) 501-5347
- Is this information wrong?
- Michael D. Seidman, MD attained both his B.S. in Human Nutrition and M.D. from the School of Public Health and the Medical School at the University of Michigan. After a five-year residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) he completed a fellowship in Otologic/Neurotologic and Skull Base Surgery at the Ear Research Foundation in Florida.
Seidman is the Director-Division of Otologic/Neurotologic Surgery in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery for HFHS, Director of Research, the Medical Director of the Center for Integrative Medicine and Medical Director of Wellness for HFHS, and as the Director of the Scientific Advisory Board for ViSalus Sciences. Seidman is a past President of the Michigan Otolaryngology Society, was elected as the Chair-Board of Governors for the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) in 2010-12, and in 2013 he was elected by his peers to the Board of Directors for the AAO-HNS. He works on matters of Governmental and regulatory concerns, including several presentations to Congress and the FDA. He was appointed to the medical board for the State of Michigan by the Governor and has the privilege of serving in numerous leadership roles locally, nationally and internationally, and serves as an editor, associate editor, and on the review board of eight national or international journals including the American Journal of Chinese Medicine.
Seidman is an active scientist and has extramural funding from the National Institute of Health and other major institutions to study Maintenance of Certification and Licensure, hearing loss and NIHL. He is considered an expert on the molecular basis of aging, noise induced hearing loss, otologic/neurotologic-skull base surgery, all aspects of ear, nose, throat, head and neck surgery, tinnitus, herbal therapies, nutrition/antioxidants and their relationship to health, sports and aging and complementary/integrative medicine.
Education & Training
- Henry Ford HospitalResidency, Otolaryngology, 1986 - 1991
- University of Michigan Medical SchoolClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1990 - 2022
- MI State Medical License 1987 - 2024
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Otolaryngology
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Neurotology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
- Top MD Consumers Checkbook
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- In Response to Over-the Counter Tinnitus "Cures": Marketers' Promises Do Not Ring True by Dr's Vendra, Vaisbuch, Mudry and Jackler: Laryngoscope 129: August 2019; 1898...Michael D. Seidman> ;Laryngoscope. 2021 Jan 1
- Progenitor cell therapy for acquired pediatric nervous system injury: Traumatic brain injury and acquired sensorineural hearing loss.James E. Baumgartner, Linda S. Baumgartner, Baumgartner Me, Ernest J. Moore, Steven A Messina, Michael D. Seidman, David Shook> ;Stem Cells Translational Medicine. 2021 Feb 1
- SimTube: A National Simulation Training and Research Project.Gregory J. Wiet, Ellen S. Deutsch, Sonya Malekzadeh, Amanda Onwuka, Nathan W. Callender, Michael D. Seidman, Marvin P. Fried> ;Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 2020 May 26
- Join now to see all
- Evaluation of Early Oral Cavity Cancer Treatment Quality at a Single InstitutionMichael Seidman, Hamad Chaudhary, Kathleen Yaremchuk, The Laryngoscope
- How Can We Save $65 Million? Look in the Patient's MouthOctober 2021
- The Effects Of Resveratrol On PresbyacusisNational Center For Complementary &Alternative Medicine2003–2004
- Vascular, Free Radical And DNA Changes In Aged CochleasNational Institute On Deafness And Other Communication Disorders1994–1998
- Member, Guideline Development Panel, American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Foundation (AAO-HNSF) 2015 - Present
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: