Are you Dr. Zakkar?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 73 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office12820 S. Ridgeland Ave.
Palos Heights, IL 60463Phone(708) 371-8006
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Mohamed Zakkar, MD is a pulmonologist in Palos Heights, Illinois. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Illinois and Ohio. He is affiliated with Palos Health, Advocate Christ Medical Center, and MetroSouth Medical Center.
Education & Training
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoFellowship, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine, 1993 - 1996
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoResidency, Internal Medicine, 1990 - 1993
- Damascus University Faculty of MedicineClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- OH State Medical License 1999 - 2011
- IL State Medical License 1990 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine Sleep Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Practice Fusion EHR, Practice Fusion, Inc., 2012-2013
Publications & Presentations
- 19 citationsDecrease in immunoreactive neutral endopeptidase in uvula epithelium of patients with obstructive sleep apneaMohamed Zakkar, Marin Sekosan, Christopher O. Olopade, Barry L. Wenig, Israel Rubinstein> ;Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology. 1997 Jun 1
- 109 citationsExhaled Pentane and Nitric Oxide Levels in Patients With Obstructive Sleep ApneaChristopher O. Olopade, James A. Christon, Mohamed Zakkar, William I. Swedler, Israel Rubinstein, Chi-wei Hua, Peter A. Scheff> ;Chest. 1997 Jun 1
- 94 citationsExhaled Pentane Levels in Acute AsthmaChristopher O. Olopade, Mohamed Zakkar, William I. Swedler, Israel Rubinstein> ;Chest. 1997 Apr 1
- Join now to see all
- Palos HealthPalos Heights, Illinois
- Advocate Christ Medical CenterOak Lawn, Illinois
- OSF Healthcare Little Company of Mary Medical CenterEvergreen Park, Illinois
- South Shore HospitalChicago, Illinois
- MetroSouth Medical CenterBlue Island, Illinois
- Edward HospitalNaperville, Illinois
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalHarvey, Illinois
- AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center - HinsdaleHinsdale, Illinois