Dr. Akbar is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office111 E 210th St
Bronx, NY 10467Phone+1 718-920-4646Fax+1 718-920-8543
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Nadeem Akbar is an otolaryngologist in Bronx, NY and is affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center. He received his medical degree from University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) College of Medicine and has been in practice 15 years. He also speaks multiple languages, including Hindi and Urdu. He specializes in rhinology & paranasal sinus disease and is experienced in endoscopy, neoplasms of the anterior skull base, sinusitis, aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease, and nasal polyps.
Education & Training
- California Sinus CentersFellowship, Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery, 2012 - 2013
- University of Michigan Health SystemResidency, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2006 - 2012
- University of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College of MedicineClass of 2006
- University of ArkansasBS, Physics, summa cum laude, 1998 - 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2015 - 2024
- FL State Medical License 2013 - 2021
- CA State Medical License 2012 - 2021
- MI State Medical License 2006 - 2015
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Otolaryngology
Publications & Presentations
- Development of an optimized preoperative computed tomography imaging checklist for endoscopic sinus surgery utilizing a systematic review of the literature and the mod...Stephen Leong, Nathan Yang, Amrita Ray, Nadeem Akbar, Patrick M Colley, Anthony Del Signore, Jean Anderson Eloy, Satish Govindaraj, David A Gudis, Samuel Helman, Wayne...> ;International forum of allergy & rhinology. 2022 Jul 20
- Neutrophilic inflammation and epithelial barrier disruption in nasal polyps characterize non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug exacerbated respiratory disease.Anand Kumar Andiappan, Mohammad Asad, Celine Chua, Esha Sehanobish, Zhen Ren, Xue Ying Chan, Josephine Lum, Nicholas Ang, Kaibo Duan, Adam Gersten, Waleed M Abuzeid, N...> ;Allergy. 2022 Apr 1
- Reconstruction of Skull Base Defects in Pituitary Surgery.Cassidy Anderson, Nadeem Akbar, Patrick Colley> ;Otolaryngologic clinics of North America. 2022 Apr 1
- Join now to see all
- Hindi, Urdu
- Montefiore Medical CenterBronx, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: