Dr. Gesik is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1010 South King Street
Honolulu, HI 96814Phone(808) 521-8170Fax(808) 521-8127
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Gesik is a board certified family practice and sports medicine physician with additional expertise in osteopathic manipulative treatment and nutritional medicine. During her medical education, she was mentored and trained by Edward Stiles, DO, a well respected leader in the field of osteopathic manipulative treatment. Dr. Gesik completed her family medicine residency at Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU), one of the top rated family medicine residencies in the nation. Given her interest in nutritional medicine and patient-centered management, Dr. Gesik has also received advanced training through the Institute for Functional Medicine. Upon completion of residency training, Dr. Gesik returned home to Hawaii and completed a fellowship in sports medicine at the University of Hawaii in 2012. She continues to serve as a Medical Consultant for the University of Hawaii Department of Athletics. Dr. Gesik feels blessed for the opportunity to provide patients with unique medical care that focuses on addressing underlying causes of both medical and musculoskeletal problems. Dr. Gesik aims to expand the model of medicine through applying personalized precision medical care for her patients using concepts of systems biology to help restore health, optimize function, and promote resiliency.
Education & Training
- University of Hawaii John A Burns School of MedicineFellowship, Sports Medicine (Family Medicine), 2011 - 2012
- Oregon Health Science University HospitalResidency, Family Medicine, 2008 - 2011
- University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Osteopathic MedicineClass of 2008
Certifications & Licensure
- OR State License 2013 - 2023
- HI State License 2011 - 2024
- American Board of Family Medicine Family Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine Sports Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Dean's Award: Best Resident/Fellow Research Project, Biomedical Symposium John A. Burns School of Medicine, 2012
- Edward G. Stiles Osteopathic Principles and Practice Award Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine, 2008
- Valedictorian University of Portland, 2004
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsThe use of pregame hyperhydration with intravenous fluids in National Collegiate Athletic Association Football Bowl Subdivision teams.Nicole Y. Gesik, Sabrina K.G. Tan, Gale T. Prentiss, Sean Fitzsimmons, Andrew W. Nichols> ;Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine. 2013 Nov 1
- Institute for Functional MedicineMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: