Dr. Caplin is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office222 E 41st St
New York, NY 10017Phone+1 212-263-8313Fax+1 212-263-8995
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Nina Caplin is a nephrologist in New York, NY and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including NYU Langone Hospitals and NYC Health + Hospitals / Bellevue. She received her medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine and has been in practice 25 years. She specializes in hereditary kidney disease genetics.
Education & Training
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/Mount Sinai HospitalFellowship, Nephrology, 1996 - 1998
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/Mount Sinai HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 1993 - 1996
- Stamford Hospital/Columbia University College of Physicians and SurgeonsResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1993 - 1994
- Graduate HospitalInternship, Internal Medicine, 1992 - 1993
- Georgetown University School of MedicineClass of 1992
- Duke universityBs
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2013 - 2019
- NY State Medical License 1995 - 2024
- PA State Medical License 1992 - 2016
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Nephrology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Castle conne
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsUse of peritoneal dialysis for acute kidney injury during the COVID-19 pandemic in New York City: a multicenter observational study.Wei Chen, Nina J. Caplin, Osama El Shamy, Shuchita Sharma, Maryanne Y. Sourial, Michael W. Ross, Mina H. Sourial, Kalyan Prudhvi, Ladan Golestaneh, Vesh Srivatana, Roc...> ;Kidney International. 2021 Jul 1
- 2 citationsCase series of acute peritoneal dialysis in the prone position for acute kidney injury during the Covid-19 pandemic: Prone to complications?Qandeel H Soomro, Vikramjit Mukherjee, Richard Amerling, Nina J. Caplin> ;Peritoneal Dialysis International. 2021 Jan 7
- Acute Peritoneal Dialysis During the COVID-19 Pandemic at Bellevue Hospital in New York City.Nina J Caplin, Olga Zhdanova, Manish Tandon, Nathan Thompson, Dhwanil Patel, Qandeel Soomro, Fnu Ranjeeta, Leian Joseph, Jennifer Scherer, Shivam Joshi, Betty Dyal, Ha...> ;Kidney360. 2020 Dec 31
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: