Dr. Geraghty is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4921 Parkview Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63110Phone(314) 362-6490Fax(314) 362-6216
- Is this information wrong?
- While maintaining a broad-based vascular surgical practice, Dr. Geraghty’s primary clinical and research focus has been the development and validation of new techniques to treat atherosclerotic and aneurysmal disease of the lower extremities. He has served as national and/or global principal investigator of the VIBRANT study of SFA intervention, FORMAT iliac stent trial, Lutonix Below The Knee study of paclitaxel-coated balloons for treatment of infrapopliteal disease, the Intact Vascular TOBA II Below The Knee trial of angioplasty salvage, and the Boston Scientific SAVAL Trial. In conjunction with his WUSM colleagues, Dr. Geraghty has worked to establish the first multidisciplinary limb salvage center in the St. Louis region.
Dr. Geraghty has held several leadership roles in regional and national societies. He is a Past-President of the Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society. Nationally, he has served as chair of the Society for Vascular Surgery Technology Assessment Committee and member of the SVS Lower Extremity Practice Guidelines Writing Group and Global Vascular Guidelines Writing Group. He has provided advisory service to the FDA through the Peripheral Academic Research Consortium (PARC) and SVS Critical Limb Ischemia Work Group. His service to the SVS has been recognized through selection as one of the Society’s Distinguished Fellows.
Education & Training
- Washington UniversityFellowship, Vascular Surgery, 1998 - 2000
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health CentersResidency, General Surgery, 1991 - 1998
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern UniversityClass of 1991
Certifications & Licensure
- MO State Medical License 1998 - 2022
- MI State Medical License 1994 - 2001
- American Board of Surgery Vascular Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- President Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society, 2015-2016
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Tack Optimized Balloon Angioplasty Study of the Tack Endovascular System® in Below the Knee Arteries Start of enrollment: 2017 Feb 01Patrick J. Geraghty, MD and George Adams, MD
- Isolated Limb Infusion Chemotherapy With Targeted Gene Therapy for Advanced, Unresectable Extremity Melanoma Start of enrollment: 2014 Dec 01Jonathan Mitchem, M.D., David Curiel, M.D., Ph.D., Gerald Linette, M.D., Lynn Cornelius, M.D., Jeffrey Moley, M.D., and Patrick Geraghty, M.D.
- Lutonix DCB Versus Standard Balloon Angioplasty for Treatment of Below-The-Knee (BTK) Arteries Start of enrollment: 2013 May 01Jihad Mustapha, MD, Patrick Geraghty, MD, Prof. Marianne Brodmann, MD, and Takao Ohki, MD, PhD
- FORMAT Clinical Study Start of enrollment: 2013 Mar 01Geraghty, P.J.,Lyden, S.P.
- Zenith® TX2® Low Profile TAA Endovascular Graft Clinical Study Start of enrollment: 2010 Oct 01Cayne, N.,Ellozy, S.,Farber, M.,Fillinger, M.,Geraghty, P.,Gilmore, J.,Hughes, C.,Illig, K.,Lombardi, J.,Mastracci, T.,Mukherjee, D.,O'Donnell, S.,Oderich, G.,Patel, H.,Shahriari, A.,Starnes, B.,Starr, J....
- Evaluation of the Safety and Effectiveness of the Zenith(R) Low Profile AAA Endovascular Graft Start of enrollment: 2009 May 01Ansel, G.,Cambria, R.P.,Cayne, N.,Conovaloff, A.,Eagleton, M.,Fairman, R.,Farber, M.,Feezor, R.J.,Geraghty, P.,Lee, J.T.,Long, G.,Mantese, V.,McKinsey, J.,Mewissen, M.,Muhs, B.,Muluk, S.,Oderich, G.,Recte...
- GORE VIABAHN ENDOPROSTHESIS Peripheral Vascular Disease Study Start of enrollment: 2005 Sep 01Geraghty, P.J.
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- A critical appraisal of registry-based objective performance goals in peripheral arterial disease.Patrick J. Geraghty, Michael S. Conte> ;Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2021 Sep 1
- The Society for Vascular Surgery clinical practice guidelines on popliteal artery aneurysms.Alik Farber, Niren Angle, Efthymios Avgerinos, Luc Dubois, Mohammad H. Eslami, Patrick J. Geraghty, Mounir J. Haurani, Jeffrey Jim, Erika R. Ketteler, Raffaele Pulli, ...> ;Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2021 May 20
- 1 citationsSix-month pivotal results of tack optimized balloon angioplasty using the Tack Endovascular System in below-the-knee arteriesPatrick J. Geraghty, George L. Adams, Andrej Schmidt, Joseph R. Cardenas, Michael Lichtenberg, Christian Wissgott, Klaus Hertting, Ehrin J. Armstrong, Marcus Thieme, Z...> ;Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2021 Mar 1
- Join now to see all
- VIBRANTGeraghty, Journal of Vascular Surgery
- Tack Endovascular System® Receives FDA Approval for Below-the-Knee Post-Angioplasty Dissection RepairApril 14th, 2020
- Intact Vascular Announces Positive Six-Month Data from TOBA II BTK Clinical Trial DuringNovember 6th, 2019
- Intact Vascular Announces Enrollment Completion of TOBA II BTK Clinical TrialJanuary 2nd, 2019
- Join now to see all
- Member, Lower Extremity Guidelines Committee, Society for Vascular Surgery 2015 - Present
- Chair, Society for Vascular Surgery- Outcomes and Technology Assessment 2014 - Present
- Society for Vascular SurgeryDistinguished Fellow
- Midwestern Vascular Surgical SocietyPast President
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: