Are you Dr. Carter?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 32 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office330 Borthwick Ave
Portsmouth, NH 03801Phone(603) 431-5242Fax(603) 431-5091
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Peter Carter, MD is a general surgeon in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in New Hampshire, Florida, and Maine. He is affiliated with Portsmouth Regional Hospital, York Hospital, and Northern Light Mercy Hospital.
Education & Training
- Maine Medical CenterResidency, General Surgery, 1978 - 1983
- Tufts University School of MedicineClass of 1978
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2018 - 2022
- NH State Medical License 1984 - 2022
- ME State Medical License 1980 - 2023
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- NHS Has to Recruit One in Four Nurses from AbroadApril 4th, 2015
- 'Nurse Ratio' at Weekends Key to Stroke Survival for PatientsAugust 19th, 2014