Are you Dr. Besser?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 80 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3367 Buford Hwy Ne Ste 910
Atlanta, GA 30329Phone+1 404-880-3711
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Richard Besser, MD is a pediatrician in Atlanta, Georgia. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Georgia, New Jersey, and New York.
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResidency, Pediatrics, 1986 - 1991
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of PennsylvaniaClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 1993 - Present
- NY State Medical License 2009 - 2024
- NJ State Medical License 2010 - 2023
- GA State Medical License 1998 - 2009
- MD State Medical License 1989 - 1994
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Whos Who in Medicine and Healthcare Marquis Whos Who
Publications & Presentations
- 2 citationsImproving cross-sectoral and cross-jurisdictional coordination for public health emergency legal preparedness.Cheryl H Bullard, Rick D Hogan, Matthew S Penn, Janet Ferris, John Cleland, Daniel Stier, Ronald M Davis, Susan Allan, Leticia Van de Putte, Virginia Caine, Richard E ...> ;The Journal of law, medicine & ethics : a journal of the American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics. 2008 Jan 1
- 11 citationsImpact of a child care educational intervention on parent knowledge about appropriate antibiotic use.Donita R. Croft, Mary Jo Knobloch, Po-Huang Chyou, Darcy Vanden Ellen, Carolyn Janette, Jeffrey P. Davis, Richard E. Besser, Edward A. Belongia> ;WMJ : official publication of the State Medical Society of Wisconsin. 2007 Apr 1
- 35 citationsClinicians' management of children and adolescents with acute pharyngitisSarah Y. Park, Michael A. Gerber, Robert R. Tanz, John M. Hickner, James M. Galliher, Ilin Chuang, Richard E. Besser> ;Pediatrics. 2006 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- Philanthropy and HealthcareFebruary 13th, 2017
- Report: Accidental Medicine Overdoses Send 160 Kids to the ER Every DayMarch 16th, 2016
- Comments from Richard Besser, MD, on Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food EstablishmentsJune 27th, 2017
- Join now to see all