Are you Dr. Blackwell?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 33 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office619 19th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35233Phone(205) 934-6600
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Richard Blackwell, MD is an obstetrician/gynecologist in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama and Texas. He is affiliated with Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Russell Medical.
Education & Training
- University of Alabama HospitalResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1975 - 1979
- Baylor College of MedicineClass of 1975
Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical License 1999 - 2021
- AL State Medical License 1976 - 2022
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2002-2014
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Fellow (FACOG) American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Publications & Presentations
- 20 citationsSelf-reported mechanical problems during condom use and semen exposure. Comparison of two randomized trials in the United States of America and Brazil.Michael P. Chen, Maurizio Macaluso, Richard E. Blackwell, Loren W. Galvao, Andrzej Kulczycki, Juan José del Coz Díaz, Denise J. Jamieson, Ann Duerr> ;Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2007 Aug 1
- 48 citationsEfficacy of the Male Latex Condom and of the Female Polyurethane Condom as Barriers to Semen during Intercourse: A Randomized Clinical TrialMaurizio Macaluso, Richard E. Blackwell, Denise J. Jamieson, Andrzej Kulczycki, Michael P. Chen, Rachel Akers, Dhong-Jin Kim, Ann Duerr> ;American Journal of Epidemiology. 2007 Jul 1
- 1 citationsA case of infertility in a patient with a ventriculoperitoneal shunt.J. Bradley White, Corey Raffel, Richard E. Blackwell> ;Pediatric Neurosurgery. 2007 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- The Doctor Will See You Now — OnlineApril 4th, 2021
- Preliminary Measurement Scales for Sparkle and GraininessFebruary 26th, 2021
- Fellow Senior Status