Are you Dr. Varner?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 48 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeUrogynecology Clinic at The Kirklin Clinic of UAB Hospital
2000 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233Phone(205) 934-3180
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Robert Varner Jr., MD is an obstetrician/gynecologist in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama. He is affiliated with University of Alabama Hospital and is a Professor at University of Alabama School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- University of Alabama HospitalResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1980 - 1984
- University of Alabama School of MedicineClass of 1980
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1981 - 2022
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- Uphold LITE Post-Market Surveillance Study Start of enrollment: 2013 Oct 10
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsValidation and Testing of an E-Learning Module Teaching Core Urinary Incontinence Objectives in a Randomized Controlled Trial.Candace Parker-Autry, E Shen, Andrea Nance, Timberly Butler, Julie B Covarrubias, R.E. Varner, Holly E. Richter> ;Female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery. 2019 Mar 1
- 17 citationsChange in Overactive Bladder Symptoms After Surgery for Stress Urinary Incontinence in Women.Halina M. Zyczynski, Michael E. Albo, Howard B. Goldman, Clifford Y. Wai, Larry Sirls, Linda Brubaker, Peggy Norton, R.E. Varner, Maude Carmel, Hae-Young Kim> ;Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2015 Aug 1
- 15 citationsBowel preparation before vaginal prolapse surgery: a randomized controlled trialAlicia Ballard, Candace Parker-Autry, Alayne D. Markland, R.E. Varner, Carrie Huisingh, Holly E. Richter> ;Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2014 Feb 1
- Progress at PUSD Is High and Trending UpwardApril 30th, 2019
- University of Alabama HospitalBirmingham, Alabama