Dr. Werner is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeRoseland Community Hospital Emergency Department
45 W 111th St
Chicago, IL 60628
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Roy Werner is a Residency Trained, Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician in Chicago, IL. He is Medical Director for Department of Emergency Medicine and Director of Quality for Laboratory Services at The New Roseland Community Hospital. He is also affiliated with Mercy Hospital and Medical Center and WellNow Urgent Care Clinics. He received his medical degree from University of Illinois College of Medicine and has been in practice for almost 20 years. He is experienced in sports medicine, concussion care and recovery, emergency medical services, and disaster medicine.
Education & Training
- Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University (Sinai Grace)Residency, Emergency Medicine, 2001 - 2004
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoClass of 2001
- Southern Illinois UniversityMS, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, and Microbiology, 1995 - 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- MN State Medical License 2022 - 2023
- IL State Medical License 2006 - 2023
- IA State Medical License 2004 - 2007
- MI State Medical License 2001 - 2023
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Emergency Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Distinguished Alumni Award College of DuPage, 2016
Publications & Presentations
- 15 citationsFrame size, ethnicity, lifestyle, and biologic contributors to areal and volumetric lumbar spine bone mineral density in Indian/Pakistani and American Caucasian premen...D. Lee Alekel, Charles T. Peterson, Roy K. Werner, E. Mortillaro, Noreen Ahmed, Subhash C. Kukreja> ;Journal of Clinical Densitometry. 2002 Jun 1
- COD Honors 2016 Class of Distinguished AlumniNovember 29th, 2016
- Afternoon Edition: Dec. 14, 2020December 15th, 2020
- ‘Oh My God — This Is Carnage’December 14th, 2020
- Staff Member, Utilization Review Committee 2018 - Present
- Member, Stroke Committee 2015 - Present
- Committee Member, STEMI Committee 2015 - Present
- Roseland Community HospitalChicago, Illinois
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: