Dr. Gupta is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeGeneral Academic Peds - Operation Breakthrough
Kansas City, MO 64109Phone(816) 302-6200
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a board-certified pediatrician and Medical Director of Children's Mercy Hospital's Operation Breakthrough Clinic, an NCQA-certified Patient-Centered Medical Home co-located within Operation Breakthrough, a large Head Start/Early Head Start agency. Our cross-sector clinic offers primary care and developmental/behavioral care to children within the school and surrounding community. I also serve as a medical advisor to Mid-America Head Start and attend their Health Services Advisory Committee. I actively participate in Children's Mercy Hospital/Operation Breakthrough's Partnership for Resilient Families.
I'm a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and serve the Kansas Chapter of the AAP as a co-facilitator for Kansas CATCH grants, and am about to start the Research Scholars Program with the Academic Pediatric Association. Our clinic has participated in state-wide QI initiatives including AsthmaReady Communities. I love communicating health information to at-risk, high-need populations in an understandable, enjoyable way. I'm also an avid choral singer and sing soprano with Te Deum Chamber Choir, a renowned sacred choir in the KC/Metro area.
Education & Training
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenResidency, Pediatrics, 2007 - 2010
- University of Pittsburgh School of MedicineClass of 2007
Certifications & Licensure
- KS State Medical License 2016 - 2022
- MO State Medical License 2016 - 2022
- DE State Medical License 2010 - 2017
- PA State Medical License 2007 - 2016
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
Publications & Presentations
- Substrate promiscuity and active site differences in gentisate 1,2-dioxygenases: electron paramagnetic resonance studyAleksey Aleshintsev, Erik Eppinger, Janosch A. D. Gröning, Andreas Stolz, Rupal Gupta> ;Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry. 2019 Feb 2
- Protecting the Health of KC Children Requires Investing in SNAPSeptember 1st, 2018
- Fever: How High Is Too High?April 24th, 2017
- As Opioid Crisis Alarms Communities, Drug Education Now Starts in KindergartenMarch 1st, 2017
- Join now to see all
- Academic Pediatric AssociationMember
- Children's Mercy Hospital Kansas CityKansas City, Missouri
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: