Dr. Treiber is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office175 Purchase St
Rye, NY 10580Phone+1 914-967-2153Fax+1 914-967-0453
- Is this information wrong?
- Ruth Treiber, MD graduated from Cornell University’s College of Arts and Sciences in Ithaca, N.Y. and received her MD degree from Cornell University Medical College in New York City. After two years of Internal Medicine study at The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, she continued her training with a residency in dermatology at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, which she completed in 1983. She has been in active clinical practice since that time. Since 1993 she has shared her office in Rye with Dr. Eric Treiber (her husband), and more recently with Dr Leah Ansell.
Dr. Ruth Treiber, Dr. Eric Treiber, and Dr. Leah Ansell offer evaluation and state-of-the-art treatments for the wide variety of dermatologic conditions. They care for patients from infancy through advanced adulthood, stressing preventive medicine. They have a comprehensive and academic approach to diagnosis and treatment.
They treat many diverse dermatologic problems including: acne, rosacea, melasma, and complexion and pigmentation problems;
moles, warts, cysts, brown spots, growths, skin cancers and precancers; psoriasis, eczema, skin rashes, skin allergies, hives; bacterial, viral, and fungal infections; scalp, hair, and nail problems; hair loss; broken capillaries, sun damage, and certain cosmetic issues. The practice offers narrowband UVB phototherapy, patch testing for contact dermatitis, laser devices for specific conditions, cosmetic procedures (e.g. Botox, fillers, IPL, Fraxel) and a selection of cosmeceutical and skin care products to target problem areas and to complement medical, surgical, or cosmetic regimens. The office has also continued to follow modified COVID19 protocols to allow us to provide ongoing care while assuring safety and well-being for patients and staff.
Education & Training
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia Campus)Residency, Dermatology, 1980 - 1983
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell Campus)Residency, Internal Medicine, 1978 - 1980
- Weill Cornell MedicineClass of 1978
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 1983 - Present
- NY State Medical License 1979 - 2024
- American Board of Dermatology Dermatology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area Castle Connolly, 2002-2018
- Westchester Magazine: Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2002, 2004, 2016-2018
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) 1978
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 33 citationsJuvenile xanthogranulomas with inconspicuous or absent foam cells and giant cellsPhilip E. Shapiro, David N. Silvers, Ruth K. Treiber, Philip H. Cooper, Lawrence D. True, Raffaele Lattes> ;Journal of The American Academy of Dermatology. 1991 Jun 1
- What Are the Good and the Bad About Dermal Fillers?October 10th, 2017
- New York-Presbyterian HospitalNew York, New York
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical CenterNew York, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: