Dr. Pappas is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1725 W Harrison Street
Chicago, IL 60612Phone(312) 942-5500Fax(312) 563-2228
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Sam Pappas is a board certified surgeon in Chicago, IL and is the division CHief of Surgical Oncology at Rush University Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Rush Medical College and finished his training in 2007. He also speaks multiple languages, including Greek. He specializes in surgical oncology and is experienced in surgical oncology (non-breast) and hepatopancreatobiliary surgery.
Education & Training
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern UniversityResidency, Surgery, 2003 - 2005
- Chicago Medical School/Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine ScienceResidency, Surgery, 1998 - 2003
- Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical CenterClass of 1998
Certifications & Licensure
- WI State Medical License 2007 - 2013
- PA State Medical License 2006 - 2027
- IL State Medical License 1998 - 2023
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsPreoperative portal vein or portal and hepatic vein embolization: DRAGON collaborative group analysisJan Heil, R. Korenblik, F. Heid, Wolf O. Bechstein, Marc H.A. Bemelmans, Christoph A. Binkert, Bergthor Björnsson, Stefan Breitenstein, Olivier Detry, A. Dili, Robert ...> ;British Journal of Surgery. 2021 Jul 23
- 7 citationsCurrent Status of Circulating Tumor DNA Liquid Biopsy in Pancreatic Cancer.Miles W. Grunvald, Richard A. Jacobson, Timothy M. Kuzel, Sam G. Pappas, Ashiq Masood> ;International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2020 Oct 16
- 17 citationsThe Chicago Consensus on peritoneal surface malignancies: Management of colorectal metastasesFrancisco J. Izquierdo, Darryl Schuitevoerder, Alejandro Plana, Oliver S. Eng, Scott K. Sherman, Brian D. Badgwell, Fabian M. Johnston, Sherif Abdel-Misih, Dan G. Blaz...> ;Cancer. 2020 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- Rush Named National Center of Excellence for Pancreatic CancerFebruary 14th, 2020
- Rush University Medical CenterChicago, Illinois
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: