Are you Dr. Alexander?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 28 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1221 Pleasant St
Des Moines, IA 50309Phone+1 515-282-2921Fax+1 515-282-1035
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Saramma Alexander, MD is an oncologist in Des Moines, Iowa. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Iowa. She is affiliated with VA Central Iowa Health Care System.
Education & Training
- Emory University School of MedicineFellowship, Hematology and Medical Oncology, 1974 - 1975
- Tulane UniversityResidency, Internal Medicine, 1972 - 1974
- Louisiana State University School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1970 - 1972
- Allina HealthResidency, Family Medicine, 1970 - 1970
- United HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1969 - 1970
- Christian Medical College VelloreClass of 1965
Certifications & Licensure
- IA State Medical License 1979 - 2024
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
Publications & Presentations
- 13 citationsCongenital hypodysfibrinogenaemia (Fibrinogen Des Moines) due to a γ320Asp deletion at the Ca2+ binding siteStephen O. Brennan, Ryan L. Davis, Michael W. Mosesson, Irene Hernandez, Robin Lowen, Saramma J. Alexander> ;Thrombosis and Haemostasis. 2007 Jul 6
- 8 citationsTransitional cell carcinoma of the prostate: response to treatment with cisplatinum and cyclophosphamide.Saramma J. Alexander, Steve S. Lee, Abbas Bekhrad> ;The Journal of Urology. 1984 May 1
- 3 citationsQuinidine‐induced agranulocytosisSaramma J. Alexander, Robin I. Gilmore> ;American Journal of Hematology. 1984 Jan 1
- VA Central Iowa Health Care SystemDes Moines, Iowa