Dr. Stuart is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3600 Rivers Ave
Naval Hospital Charleston
Charleston, SC 29405Phone(512) 291-8085Fax(844) 267-0438
- Is this information wrong?
- Welcome to the office of Stuart Developmental Pediatrics (SDP)! This is a private pediatric practice that specializes in the care of children with special needs. I am board certified in General Pediatrics and Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics with many years of experience while serving in the U.S. Navy prior to beginning practicing in Central Texas. This practice is predominantly consultative and diagnostic in nature. No direct interventional services are provided at SDP, aside from medication management. All evaluations and recommendations are based upon best practices and evidenced based medicine models. The goal is to provide a comprehensive family-centered program of care designed specifically for each child. All evaluations include an in-depth objective assessment to make a determination of the child’s strengths and challenges. From there, coordination of care to access services in your region may begin.
The mission of SDP is to provide Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics services to children with special needs. The three primary areas of services include:
1. Developmental Pediatrics Medical Consultation
2. Adoptive Medicine Consultation with expertise regarding Asian Adoptions
3. Educational Advocacy Consultation
Education & Training
- Medical University of South CarolinaFellowship, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, 2005 - 2008
- National Capital ConsortiumResidency, Pediatrics, 2000 - 2002
- National Capital ConsortiumInternship, Transitional Year, 1997 - 1998
- Tufts University School of MedicineClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical License 2015 - 2023
- VA State Medical License 1998 - 2022
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Teaching Faculty of the Year Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA Pediatrics Residency, 2010
- Clinician Of The Year Naval Hospital, Charleston, SC, 2004
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsAutism spectrum disorder, Klinefelter syndrome, and chromosome 3p21.31 duplication: a case report.Scott W. Stuart, Casey H. King, G. Shashidar Pai> ;MedGenMed : Medscape general medicine. 2007 Dec 18
- MUSC Health of Medical University of South CarolinaCharleston, South Carolina
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: