Dr. McCole is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office600 Gresham Drive
Lions Sight Center
Norfolk, VA 23507Phone(757) 388-0324Fax(757) 461-4538
- Is this information wrong?
- Residency Program Director and Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Academic comprehensive ophthalmologist in a hospital setting.
Education & Training
- Eastern Virginia Medical SchoolResidency, Ophthalmology, 1994 - 1997
- Eastern VA Med SchoolResidency, 1994 - 1997
- Riverside Regional Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 1993 - 1994
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of MedicineClass of 1993
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1997 - 2022
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Healthcare Hero Inside Business, 2018
- Top Doc Coastal Virginia 2012-2018
- Top Docs Hampton Roads 2012-2016
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 32 citationsDisturbances in the distribution of neurotransmitters in the rat retina after ischemia.Jay I. Perlman, Shannon M. McCole, Padma Pulluru, Cheng Jong Chang, Tim T. Lam, Mark O.M. Tso> ;Current Eye Research. 1996 Jan 1
- Screen Time for Children Soars; Parents, Experts AlarmedJanuary 20th, 2021
- member, Appointments and Promotions Committee 2015 - Present
- Chair, Residency Education Committee (REC)
- Section on Medical School Education
- Women in OphthalmologyMember
- Association of University Professors in OphthalmologyMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: