Are you Dr. Castracane?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 31 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office655 Saw Mill Road
West Haven, CT 06516Phone(203) 934-2222Fax(203) 934-0228
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Stephen Castracane, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist in West Haven, Connecticut. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Connecticut, Hawaii, and California. He is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital and Hospital of St Raphael.
Education & Training
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear InfirmaryResidency, Ophthalmology, 1986 - 1987
- McGill University Faculty of MedicineClass of 1982
Certifications & Licensure
- HI State Medical License 1987 - 1988
- CT State Medical License 1987 - 2022
- CA State Medical License 1987 - 2023
- FL State Medical License 1987 - 2023
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013
- Fellow (FAAO) American Academy of Ophthalmology
Publications & Presentations
- Improved techniques using Giemsa stained glycol methacrylate tissue sections to quantitate basophils and other leukocytes in inflammatory skin lesions.Vogt, R. F., Hynes, N. A., Dannenberg, A. M., Castracane, S., Weiss, L.> ;Stain Technol. 1983 Jul