Dr. Barczi is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792Phone(608) 280-7000Fax(608) 231-9011
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Steven Barczi is a geriatrician and sleep medicine specialist in Madison, WI and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, and UnityPoint Health Meriter. He received his medical degree from University of Illinois College of Medicine and completed fellowship training in geriatric medicine and also sleep medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health. He has been in practice 32 years. He is experienced in geriatrics, sleep medicine, dementia care, telemedicine, and medical education. He has developed and lead a number of innovative local and national clinical programs that serve older persons and their caregivers (geriatric telemedicine, tele-dementia, sleep home visits, home based primary care) within his healthcare organizations.
Education & Training
- University of WisconsinFellowship, Sleep Medicine, 1996 - 1997
- University of WisconsinFellowship, Geriatric Medicine, 1994 - 1996
- University of Minnesota at FairviewResidency, Internal Medicine, 1989 - 1992
- University of Illinois College of MedicineClass of 1989
Certifications & Licensure
- WI State Medical License 1994 - 2021
- MN State Medical License 1992 - 1996
- American Board of Internal Medicine Geriatric Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Sleep Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- Sleep Apnea: Mechanism and Cerebrovascular Consequences Start of enrollment: 2007 May 01Barczi, S.
Publications & Presentations
- 5 citationsVeterans Affairs Geriatric Scholars Program: Enhancing Existing Primary Care Clinician Skills in Caring for Older Veterans.B. Josea Kramer, Beth Creekmur, Judith L. Howe, Scott Trudeau, Joseph R. Douglas, Kimberly K. Garner, Connie W. Bales, Carol Callaway-Lane, Steven Barczi> ;Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2016 Nov 1
- 8 citationsA Multisite Geriatric Education Program for Rural Providers in the Veteran Health Care System (GRECC-Connect)William W. Hung, Michelle I. Rossi, Stephen Thielke, Thomas V. Caprio, Steven Barczi, B. Josea Kramer, Gary Kochersberger, Kenneth S. Boockvar, Abraham A. Brody, Judit...> ;Gerontology & Geriatrics Education. 2014 Jan 8
- Low-cost transitional care with nurse managers making mostly phone contact with patients cut rehospitalization at a VA hospital.Kind AJ, Jensen L, Barczi S, Bridges A, Kordahl R, Smith MA, Asthana S> ;Health Aff (Millwood). 2012 Dec
- Join now to see all
- A multisite geriatric education program for rural providers in the Veteran Health Care System (GRECCHung WW, Rossi M, Thielke S, Caprio T, Barczi S, Kramer BJ, Kochersberger G, Boockvar KS, Howe JL., Gerontol Geriatr Educ, 1/1/2014
- The Unique Needs of Older Adults with CancerNovember 11th, 2016
- Association of Directors of Geriatrics Academic ProgramsMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: