Are you Dr. Guarisco?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 100 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1000 Ochsner Blvd
Covington, LA 70433Phone(985) 875-2828Fax(985) 898-7022
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Steven Guarisco, MD is a gastroenterologist in Covington, Louisiana. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana and North Carolina. He is affiliated with St. Tammany Health System and Ochsner Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Duke University HospitalFellowship, Gastroenterology, 1989 - 1991
- Duke University HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 1986 - 1989
- Louisiana State University School of MedicineClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 1991 - 2006
- LA State Medical License 1986 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
Publications & Presentations
- 6 citationsPresumed arteriovenous malformation mimicking hemosuccus pancreaticus of Santorini's duct with normal pancreatic anatomyDiane M. Williams, Michael A. Shetzline, S Guarisco, M. Stanley Branch> ;Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 1996 Sep 1
- 28 citationsDepressive Disorder in Older Medical Inpatients on General Medicine and Cardiology Services at a University Teaching Hospital.Harold G. Koenig, Christopher M. O'Connor, Steven A. Guarisco, K. Michael Zabel, Stephen M. Ford> ;American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 1993 Jun 1
- 182 citationsUrgent colonoscopy for evaluation and management of acute lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage: a randomized controlled trial.Bryan T. Green, Don C. Rockey, G Portwood, Paul R. Tarnasky, Steve Guarisco, Malcolm S. Branch, Joseph Leung, Paul S. Jowell> ;The American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2005 Nov 1