Dr. Ray is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
- Is this information wrong?
- Academic physician-researcher-educator with primary interest in RNA virus evolution, basic aspects of humoral and cellular immunology, and translational implications. Longstanding interest in computational biology as well as clinical informatics, with institution-level strategic involvement. Clinical activities range from COVID-19, viral hepatitis, and HIV/AIDS to internal medicine. Educational activities include clinical instruction (Infectious Diseases fellows, internal medicine housestaff, and medical students), classroom instruction (medical students, Graduate Immunology and Pharmacology students, JHSPH graduate students, and JHU Homewood undergraduates), and ACGME accredited training programs for residents and fellows.
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins UniversityFellowship, Infectious Disease, 1993 - 1997
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResidency, Internal Medicine, 1990 - 1993
- Vanderbilt University School of MedicineClass of 1990, M.D.
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 1993 - 2025
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Infectious Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Elected Member The American Society for Clinical Investigation, 2009
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP) American College of Physicians, 2016
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America (FIDSA) Infectious Diseases Society of America, 2009
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsChallenge Inoculum for Hepatitis C Virus Controlled Human Infection Model.T Jake Liang, John L M Law, Thomas Pietschmann, Stuart C Ray, Jens Bukh, Rowena Bull, Raymond T Chung, D Lorne Tyrrell, Michael Houghton, Charles M Rice> ;Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2023 Aug 14
- Corrigendum: Convergent antibody responses are associated with broad neutralization of hepatitis C virus.Nicole E Skinner, Clinton O Ogega, Nicole Frumento, Kaitlyn E Clark, Harry Paul, Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian, Kornel Schuebel, Jennifer Meyers, Anuj Gupta, Sarah Wheel...> ;Frontiers in Immunology. 2023 Jan 1
- Convergent antibody responses are associated with broad neutralization of hepatitis C virus.Nicole E Skinner, Clinton O Ogega, Nicole Frumento, Kaitlyn E Clark, Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian, Kornel Schuebel, Jennifer Meyers, Anuj Gupta, Sarah Wheelan, Andrea L...> ;Frontiers in Immunology. 2023 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- CMPK2 and BCL-G Are Associated with Type 1 Interferon–Induced HIV Restriction in HumansJustin R. Bailey, Joel N. Blankson, Robert F. Siliciano, Stuart C. Ray, Ramy El-Diwany, Science Magazine
- Severe COVID-19 Is Associated with Accelerated Aging | Fact CheckMay 18th, 2023
- Is There a Best Time of Day to Get Your COVID Shot?May 11th, 2023
- Poor Sleep, Stuffy Air, and Beyond: Which Factors May Contribute to COVID-19 Susceptibility?April 24th, 2023
- Join now to see all
- Committee member, National Academy of Medicine: Genomic Epidemiology Data Infrastructure Needs for SARS-CoV-2 2020 - 2020
- Member, Institute of Medicine: A National Strategy for the Elimination of Hepatitis B and C 2015 - 2017
- American Association for Clinical ChemistryMember
- American Society for Clinical InvestigationMember
- Interurban Clinical ClubMember
- Board of Directors (unpaid), miDiagnostics, Inc.Representing JHU, as a component of JHU employment2018 - Present
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: