Dr. Messer is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeRaleigh Hand to Shoulder Center
3701 Wake Forest Rd., Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27609Phone(919) 872-3171Fax(919) 872-6739
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Terry Messer is an orthopedic surgeon in Raleigh, NC and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Duke Raleigh Hospital, UNC REX Health Care, and WakeMed Raleigh Campus. He received his medical degree from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and has been in practice 19 years. He specializes in hand surgery and is experienced in elbow surgery, hand and wrist surgery, upper extremity functional reconstruction, hand and wrist traumatology, and hand and wrist oncology.
Education & Training
- Kleinert Kutz Hand Care CenterFellowship, Hand Surgery, 2000 - 2001
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern UniversityResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 1995 - 2000
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern UniversityClass of 1995
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 2001 - 2022
- IL State Medical License 1995 - 2008
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Surgery of the Hand
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 5 citationsGlucosamine and chondroitin sulfate treatment of hand osteoarthritis.John M. Erickson, Terry M. Messer> ;Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume). 2013 Aug 1
- 2 citationsSuprascapular nerve palsy following supraclavicular block for upper extremity surgery: report of 3 cases.Reid W. Draeger, Terry M. Messer> ;Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume). 2012 Dec 1
- 97 citationsComplications of volar plate fixation for managing distal radius fractures.Lisa M. Berglund, Terry M. Messer> ;Journal of The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2009 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: