Are you Dr. Beresford?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 32 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1055 Clermont Street (116)
Denver, CO 80220Phone(303) 399-8020Fax(303) 393-4683
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Thomas Beresford, MD is a board certified psychiatrist in Denver, Colorado. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Colorado, Michigan, and Tennessee. He is affiliated with Veterans Affairs Eastern Colorado Health Care System and is a Professor at University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- Cambridge Health AllianceResidency, Psychiatry, 1973 - 1976
- University of Colorado School of MedicineClass of 1973
Certifications & Licensure
- CO State Medical License 1993 - 2023
- MI State Medical License 1986 - 1993
- TN State Medical License 1982 - 1986
- WI State Medical License 1980 - 1983
- CA State Medical License 1977 - 2024
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
- A Double-Blind, Controlled Study of Aripiprazole in Co-Morbid Schizophrenia and Cocaine Dependence Start of enrollment: 2008 Aug 01
- A Double-Blind, Controlled Study of Aripiprazole Versus Perphenazine in Co-Morbid Schizophrenia and Cocaine Dependence Start of enrollment: 2008 Oct 01
- Divalproex Sodium for Mood Swings and Alcohol Use Following Head Injury. Start of enrollment: 2009 Oct 01
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Early life stress and susceptibility to addiction in adolescence.K E Tschetter, Leah B. Callahan, S A Flynn, Shafiqur Rahman, Thomas P. Beresford, Patrick J. Ronan> ;International Review of Neurobiology. 2022 Jan 1
- Psychological Adaptive Mechanism Maturity, Age, and Depression Symptoms in Advanced-Stage Cancer Patients.Thomas P. Beresford, Patricia U. Teschke, Daniel Hipp, Patrick J. Ronan> ;Frontiers in Psychology. 2021 Oct 26
- Psychological Adaptive Mechanism Maturity Predicts Good Outcomes in Treatment for Refractory PTSDThomas P. Beresford, Lawrence Wahlberg, Daniel Hipp, Patrick J. Ronan> ;Frontiers in Psychology. 2021 Sep 30
- Join now to see all
- Neuro-Immunophyllin Ligand Mechanism Of Action In Reducing Alcohol PreferenceNational Institute On Alcohol Abuse And Alcoholism2008–2009
- Hippocampus/Pituitary Ratio: An AD Brain Injury Marker?National Institute On Alcohol Abuse And Alcoholism2004–2005
- Fatty Acid Ethyl Esters As An Indicator Of Ethanol UseNational Center For Research Resources2004
- Hippocampus /Pituitary Ratio And Alcohol DependenceNational Institute On Alcohol Abuse And Alcoholism2003
- Planning A Clinical Trial To Prevent Posttransplant ALDNational Institute On Alcohol Abuse And Alcoholism1998–1999
- Clinical Research Training In AlcoholismNational Institute On Alcohol Abuse And Alcoholism1990–1991
- Screening Examinations For Covert AlcoholismNational Institute On Alcohol Abuse And Alcoholism1986–1988
- Veterans Affairs Eastern Colorado Health Care SystemDenver, Colorado