Dr. Thakkar is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
See Dr. Thakkar's full profile
Office33 W. 19th St
New York, NY 10011Phone+1 646-690-8840
- Is this information wrong?
- Cofounder/CEO of Reimbursify and private practice psychiatrist. Reimbursify is the only mobile, low cost, automated service for patients to file and track their own out-of-network insurance claims.
Education & Training
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterResidency, Psychiatry, 1998 - 2002
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of MedicineClass of 1998, M.D.
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2005 - 2024
- CT State Medical License 2011 - 2024
- TN State Medical License 1998 - 2006
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
Publications & Presentations
- 75 citationsVaccine for cocaine dependence: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled efficacy trialThomas R. Kosten, Coreen B. Domingo, Daryl Shorter, Frank M. Orson, Charles Green, Eugene Somoza, Rachelle Sekerka, Frances R. Levin, John J. Mariani, Maxine L. Stitze...> ;Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2014 Jul 1
- 12 citationsValproate treatment and cocaine cue reactivity in cocaine dependent individualsMalcolm S. Reid, Vatsal Thakkar> ;Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2009 Jun 1
- Vitamin D and Coronavirus DisparitiesApril 2020
- Forget Self-Driving Cars. Bring Back the Stick Shift.March 2019
- Free Health Care will be Very ExpensiveDecember 2018
- What I Learned When I Tried a Direct Primary Care PracticeOctober 2018
- What I Learned When I Tried a Direct Primary Care Practice10/26/2018
- Doctors Need Unstructured Play TimeJuly 2018
- Doctors Need Unstructured Play Time7/20/2018
- Illicit Perks of the M.D. Club7/3/2016
- Diagnosing the Wrong Deficit4/28/2013
- Join now to see all
- Doctors Need Unstructured Play TimeJuly 20th, 2018
- Reimbursify Announces Partnership with Child Mind InstituteApril 3rd, 2019
- End of Daylight Saving Time: How to Cope with Darker DaysNovember 6th, 2016
- Join now to see all
- Sub-InvestigatorWorked as the sub-investigator on over a dozen clinical trials in the fields of major depression, addictions (nicotine, alcohol, cocaine, opioid), and adult ADHD, at both the Vanderbilt U School of Med and the NYU School of Medicine.2002 - 2011
- American Professional Society of ADHD and Related Disorders (www.APSARD.org)Board Member
- Association of American Physicians & SurgeonsMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: