Dr. Backus is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeHealth Sciences Center
Stony Brook, NY 11794Phone+1 631-444-2975
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia Campus)Residency, Anesthesiology, 1980 - 1983
- Atlantic Health SystemInternship, Transitional Year, 1979 - 1980
- University at Buffalo School of MedicineClass of 1979
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 1983 - 2024
- NJ State Medical License 1982 - 2005
Publications & Presentations
- 12 citationsPostextubation laryngeal spasm in an unanesthetized patient with Parkinson's diseaseW.Walter Backus, Roy R. Ward, Stephen A. Vitkun, Dennis Fitzgerald, Jeffrey Askanazi> ;Journal of Clinical Anesthesia. 1991 Jul 1
- Medicare Penalizes 26 CT Hospitals for High Readmission RatesNovember 5th, 2021
- Stony Brook University HospitalStony Brook, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: