Dr. Flagg is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office310 Gateway Blvd
Slidell, LA 70461Phone+1 985-288-5088Fax+1 985-259-8803
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Flagg grew up in Nashville Tennessee. He served as a Battalion Flight Surgeon and Brigade Flight Surgeon during his combat tour in Iraq with the United States Army, Combat Aviation Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division. Following his combat tour, he was promoted to the rank of Major and appointed as the Chief Flight Surgeon and Chief of the Physical Exam Section at the DiLorenzo TRICARE Health Clinic at the Pentagon.
He completed his residency in Anesthesiology and further enhance his medical training with a Fellowship in Pain Medicine, both at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. During his training, he received the Clinical Anesthesia (One) resident of the year award for outstanding achievement in patient care and citizenship. He subsequently was selected as Chief Resident for the 2011-2012 Academic Year.
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins UniversityFellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2012 - 2013
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResidency, Anesthesiology, 2009 - 2012
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center/Texas Tech University (El Paso)Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2003 - 2005
- Dwight David Eisenhower Army Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 2002 - 2003
- Boston University School of MedicineClass of 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2015 - 2021
- LA State Medical License 2013 - 2022
- MD State Medical License 2012 - 2014
- IN State Medical License 2006 - 2015
- TX State Medical License 2006 - 2022
Publications & Presentations
- 12 citationsPrinciples of Electrical Stimulation and Dorsal Column Mapping as it Relates to Spinal Cord Stimulation: An OverviewChitra Ramasubbu, Artemus Flagg, Kayode Williams> ;Current Pain and Headache Reports. 2013 Jan 9
- 13 citationsSpinal cord stimulation in the treatment of cancer-related pain: "back to the origins".Artemus Flagg, Kai McGreevy, Kayode Williams> ;Current Pain and Headache Reports. 2012 May 19
- 33 citationsHeadaches during war: Analysis of presentation, treatment, and factors associated with outcome:Steven P. Cohen, Anthony R. Plunkett, Indy Wilkinson, Conner Nguyen, Connie Kurihara, Artemus Flagg, Benny Morlando, Christina Stone, Ronald L White, Victoria C. Ander...> ;Cephalalgia. 2012 Jan 1
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: